PDA

View Full Version : Making Lines Vector in Corel+Matching color Palette to Engraver

Mike Valiant
08-27-2014, 11:56 AM
Hello folks, I have just started using Corel X6 with my GravoGraph LS100Ex and am so far able to print the files alright. I am just having a few issues though.

http://s21.postimg.org/nojs68h3r/Text_Border.jpg

I can print the text with no problems, but the orange border should be a Vector with higher power to cut through the material. I have tried changing it to the printer recognized orange but it still uses the same power setting as the text. So my question is how would I be able to set my lines as Vectors.

The second issue is matching Corels color palette to the machine recognized one. I contacted New Hermes and have yet to receive the file from them to make the change, and the one they provide online through a PDF can't be downloaded because its embedded into the damn PDF and adobe doesn't allow that without changing the registry files(To my understanding). I know the printer used RGB colors and I tried to manually set them to what they are supposed to be but it still didn't recognize that it should be ran at a different setting.

Any help is useful, I am looking through the corel tips thread now but so far haven't seen this.

Tony Lenkic
08-27-2014, 12:06 PM
Mike,

In order for laser to recognize vector line it has to be set as hairline. Any thickness higher than 0.003 will be processed as raster.
Another thing, you should set your corel to RGB color pallet.

Mike Valiant
08-27-2014, 12:16 PM
I forgot to mention that I am importing these files as DWG if that matters.

Tony Lenkic
08-27-2014, 12:20 PM
Importing is OK but you need to break them apart and confirm that box is hairline in Corel.

Mark Sipes
08-27-2014, 12:23 PM
Maybe I am "Wrong", would not be the first or last time, but are not most machines set up to receive "RED" (255,0,0) as the default vector cut line at 0.003" or less.

You can create your own pallet in corel to match whatever you machine is expecting to see as long as the RGB (255,255,255) match each other... Trotec has 15 colors that can be used for different power/speed/cut/raster/air on-off) unless they have added more....