PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Craft Fair

Dan Gill
07-07-2005, 3:52 PM
We have an annual craft fair at my church as a fundraiser, and my wife is getting a booth to sell her crocheted scarves and such. She has asked if I want her to get a bigger booth so I can sell some wood items. Hmmm . . . I wonder if you folks have ideas for things I can make for sale at that sort of event. I don't turn pens or anything like that, so that's out. My thought is that all items should be fairly small and inexpensive, but I've thought of some end tables both to set other things on and to sell. I have until November to get stuff made.

Any great ideas?

Don Baer
07-07-2005, 4:04 PM
Dan I've had some success in making wall shelves. Make up a few in various sizes to sell on site and take along an order pad. The one in the picture is about 4 feet long and I usualy get about $50 for this size.

here is a link to a thread where I posted a picture of one.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=20894

there fairly quick to make It takes longer to finish hten it does to cut and assemble.

Donnie Raines
07-07-2005, 4:25 PM
I have made lots-o cutting boards for our church. I it is an easy project that uses up much of your scrap pile.

I have also made smal boxes with dovetails....nothing fancy at all. I use whatever I have....people love them for putting "stuff" in it.

Gail O'Rourke
07-07-2005, 5:17 PM
I have a really easy book holder that is a great gift and easy to make...I will take a picture and post it later.

Andy London
07-07-2005, 5:38 PM
Dan, Have a look at my website for ideas if you wish, my son and I sell items weekly at a farmers market, although it's just a hobby business for me, I am amazed at how well it does...www.picframer.ca

Top 3 selling items for my son are Bread knives, pens and cutting boards. For myself it is picture frames, trinket boxes (make ones for $25.00 or less and a few expensive ones) and serving trays.

Good Luck

Andy

Jim W. White
07-07-2005, 6:47 PM
I've never sold any of these but I've given a lot of them away as gifts. Folks seem to enjoy using them and they would fit in the context of the fundraiser.

http://myweb.cableone.net/jimnbeck/bible holder 2.jpg

Kenneth Hertzog
07-07-2005, 10:26 PM
Dan
with a nice cutting board goes a nice rolling pin. Around here they seem to sell well.
ken