PDA

View Full Version : Auto CAd drawing to jpeg file?

Richard McComas
07-07-2005, 3:07 PM
How does one put an Auto Cad file/drawing into a post on the internet? :confused:

Don Baer
07-07-2005, 3:13 PM
I know that some CAD programs have an Export function that will make a BMP file from the A-Cad format. I have used that before. Then I used my photo editor to change it to a JPEG. I know this is a round about way but It isthe ony way I know of. I Don't have a current copy of AUTOCAD so I can't say for sure if this will work.

Michael Perata
07-07-2005, 6:26 PM
Rich

Select all of the entities you want to have in the .jpg and then select Copy from the Edit menu or Ctrl-C.

Open your MS Paint or a better drawing/photo editing program and simply paste the copied entities in to a new file and save it as *.jpg

Don Baer
07-07-2005, 6:28 PM
Geez, I knew there must be an easier way then I have been doing.

Good ole C&P

Lee Schierer
07-08-2005, 8:42 AM
Just go to "Edit", "select all", making sure all layers you want to show are active, and then to "File" click on "Export", when the window opens scroll down in file types to BMP and then save the file. Open the Bitmap in any photo editing package and resave it to Jpeg.

Russ Filtz
07-08-2005, 12:29 PM
One othe nice way to share drawings is to "print" them to a PDF file. You can download a free utility called PDF995 (google it). After you install, you select it just like it's a printer on your computer. Pretty much works with any program too!

Richard McComas
07-08-2005, 3:39 PM
Thanks guys, I give these methods a try.