PDA

View Full Version : Possible Fraud Alert

Marc Himes
08-19-2014, 4:01 PM
I have recently been contacted by a person from Cyprus and one who stated he lives in South Carolina, but is moving to the Philippines. They both offered to buy several high priced items but had unusuall shipping requests. I did not respond after I could not get the UK shipping company to reply to my email and have not heard from the S.C. "buyer since I told him I would do nothing until I had proof that the check had cleared. I recently had some pictures of my work published in a book by a group called Fine Wood Artists and the person who put this together notified me today that another person has had the exact same people trying to get and money for shipping by buying their art. The Cyprus buyer even used Pay Pal but as the credit card info was fraudulent the turner was out some money. When I saw that the "buyers" seemed like the same people who contacted me, it gave me even more certainty that it was a scam. Just wanted to warn you in case they start to contact other turners.
Marc

Shawn Pachlhofer
08-19-2014, 5:52 PM
I have recently been contacted by a person from Cyprus and one who stated he lives in South Carolina, but is moving to the Philippines. They both offered to buy several high priced items but had unusuall shipping requests. I did not respond after I could not get the UK shipping company to reply to my email and have not heard from the S.C. "buyer since I told him I would do nothing until I had proof that the check had cleared. I recently had some pictures of my work published in a book by a group called Fine Wood Artists and the person who put this together notified me today that another person has had the exact same people trying to get and money for shipping by buying their art. The Cyprus buyer even used Pay Pal but as the credit card info was fraudulent the turner was out some money. When I saw that the "buyers" seemed like the same people who contacted me, it gave me even more certainty that it was a scam. Just wanted to warn you in case they start to contact other turners.
Marc

definitely a scam.