PDA

View Full Version : Need help with engraving 2 layer acrylic

Simon Arthur
08-19-2014, 3:16 PM
I've got a small job for cutting and engraving some 2 layer IPI acrylic plastic. Unfortunately I'm having some trouble with the laser at the moment and would like to find someone with experience with this kind of material to cut and engrave this for me.

If anyone here is interested, please let me know.

Clark Pace
08-19-2014, 3:46 PM
Silly question, but make sure it's laserablple ipi plastic. I believe they sell on laser stuff for cnc and rotary engravers.

Martin Boekers
08-19-2014, 4:17 PM
Simon, it helps us if you list your equipment in your profile.

Let us know what your using and settings.....

Mike Audleman
08-19-2014, 5:15 PM
Simon, it helps us if you list your equipment in your profile.

Let us know what your using and settings.....

I think he's looking for someone to contract out the work. I read it as his laser/engraver system is broke but wants to complete the job and keep the customer happy, even if he has to pay someone else to do the work. Maybe I read it wrong, but thats what I got out of the post.

But, on a similar line, it might help to know your location Simon.

Simon Arthur
08-19-2014, 5:17 PM
Really, I know what's wrong with the laser; I'm just looking for someone to help with this one job for now.

Yes, it is indeed laserable plastic. Johnson Plastics gives it as part LZ901M, "IPI LASERABLE MATTE BLACK/WHITE 2 PLY 1/16".

Simon Arthur
08-19-2014, 5:18 PM
Yep, you got it.

I'm in Atlanta. Really, anywhere in the US would work for me, but being within inside the radius for 2 day shipping via UPS Ground would be a nice bonus.

I think he's looking for someone to contract out the work. I read it as his laser/engraver system is broke but wants to complete the job and keep the customer happy, even if he has to pay someone else to do the work. Maybe I read it wrong, but thats what I got out of the post.

But, on a similar line, it might help to know your location Simon.