PDA

View Full Version : Epilog software

Jeff Belany
08-18-2014, 2:05 PM
Just got an email from Epilog about their new Job Manager software and firmware update. Anyone had a chance to try this yet? Never thought it would ever migrate down to the older machines. Always hate to do updates when my machine is running pretty well. I have to read the PDF before I jump in.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

vic casware
08-19-2014, 8:17 PM
I got the email too, I am trying to convince my agent to install and try on his machines first
I'm like you, it works fine but the job control looks pretty handy.
Mine is 3 years old 50W, i would also be keen to hear from anyone brave enough to try it.

Joe Windsor
08-20-2014, 11:31 AM
Installed it two days ago. (Epilog Mini 24 - 45watt) Works great. No problems so far. Really nice to have all of those extra features.

Joe in SC

Jason Kowell
08-20-2014, 2:15 PM
It does seem like a good setup. One question - the promo material talks about how it saves all of your jobs. Is this something that can be deactivated or, preferably, you can select which jobs are saved? Where I work there is a potential for privacy concerns if we keep the jobs after patrons are done with the cutter.

Kevin Gregerson
08-20-2014, 2:44 PM
It does seem like a good setup. One question - the promo material talks about how it saves all of your jobs. Is this something that can be deactivated or, preferably, you can select which jobs are saved? Where I work there is a potential for privacy concerns if we keep the jobs after patrons are done with the cutter.

If it's much like the others out there there is likely a way to enter into the menu and purge all jobs. Just have someone do this regularly.

Jeff Belany
08-21-2014, 10:40 AM
Still haven't bit the bullet yet. The one feature I was really hoping for apparently is not included. The is a time estimater. Epilog says they are still working on it. Neat feature people have been asking for years to be added. Unfortunately, the only way to get it is a new Fusion which I can't afford.

Anyone know if you can install the job control software without the drivers? Just to see how it works before you commit to using it?

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

brentton huey
08-21-2014, 1:21 PM
Ive tried it and forwarning. If you use AI you might have a problem with all your vector cutting. I updated driver and the job control software and whenever i printed a job with cut lines it changed them completely. I talked to tech support and they didnt know why. Just a caution for illustrator users