PDA

View Full Version : ROS Paper

Sean Troy
08-18-2014, 9:37 AM
Where is the best place to purchase ROS sand paper?

Bill McNiel
08-18-2014, 12:38 PM
I have been using Klingspor's. Their paper is graded on the Europian (P) scale which is much more precise. The 9 hole stearate discs are about 60% of the cost of Festool.

scott vroom
08-18-2014, 1:22 PM
I've been buying Mirka gold 5" 8-hole 50 sheets for about 20 bucks.

Sean Troy
08-18-2014, 1:48 PM
I've been using Mirka paper also. Does anyone know how they compare to Klingspore paper? Where do you get your Mirka paper from Scott? Thanks, Sean

Prashun Patel
08-18-2014, 2:49 PM
A lesser known brand is Indasa Rynogrit. 2-Sand sells boxes of 50 for $13.
This paper is extremely durable. I use it on curved surfaces with a soft pad and it takes a real beating.

If you are sanding indoors, then consider Abranet. It is more expensive than most other brands, and personally, I don't find that it sands ALL that much better than conventional ROS discs, but for dust collection, it's really unsurpassed. I mean, with a decent ROS and vaccuum, you can (almost) sand without a mask. Further, I find that this product performs optimally with good dust collection.

scott vroom
08-18-2014, 3:05 PM
I've been using Mirka paper also. Does anyone know how they compare to Klingspore paper? Where do you get your Mirka paper from Scott? Thanks, Sean

i buy if from Amazon.

John TenEyck
08-18-2014, 7:00 PM
I've used both Mirca and Klingspor. I can't remember which particular Klingspor it is, but the paper backing is much heavier than the Mirca so it probably wouldn't be a good choice for curved surfaces. However, it cuts much better and lasts longer making it a clear winner. Klingspor for me. FYI the Freud Diablo paper available at HD works pretty well, too; as good as Mirca from my non scientific comparisons. The universal hole pattern on the 6" dia. I buy also makes it dead easy to apply it to the sander pad.

John

Chris Padilla
08-18-2014, 8:05 PM
I mean, with a decent ROS and vaccuum, you can (almost) sand without a mask.

Since drinking the green Kool-Aid, there is no need to wear a mask. ;)