PDA

View Full Version : Trotec Job Control X Material Database

Jim Priest
08-18-2014, 8:29 AM
I am a new owner of a Speedy 300 80watt machine. The material database which came with the Job Control X (ver 10.2) software is very limited ( for example, settings for Alder wood are not included.) I realize that any provided parameters are only intended as "initial" settings and may require adjustments by the operator. I was hoping that an experienced user might have suggestions on how I might be able to obtain a more comprehensive data file I could upload into my Job Control.

Thanks in advance....

Mike Null
08-18-2014, 10:32 AM
Jim

I just developed mine as I tested new materials. There are a fairly good number of 80 watt machines out there so maybe somebody can help you. In my case, besides having a different power machine, I don't do alder nor many other light woods.

My materials list is pretty much confined to the things I do every day.

Ross Moshinsky
08-18-2014, 10:46 AM
I would call up Trotec or your sales rep and ask them if they have a file they could send you.

Scott Shepherd
08-18-2014, 11:01 AM
That's a great feature with Job Control X. You can export materials. Attached is the file you can import into your materials database. I had to zip it to upload it. It should be close. Please note that the air is off on rastering and on for cutting. That can crack a lens if you aren't paying attention. Either leave the cone on for both and turn the air on for both of leave the air off and turn them off. We have it that way for a specific job we do.