PDA

View Full Version : Way to go HTC

Jay Rasmussen
08-16-2014, 9:29 PM
I wanted to report an excellent representation of what I believe is true customer service:

A few months ago I bought another Tool Saver cover (my fourth) from my local Woodcraft store. I’ve always thought this is a good product that does its job well. My first one I purchased was several years ago and it still looks like new. Anyway I did a complete rearrangement on my workshop/ garage. This put a couple of my machines in harm’s way, water after a rain falling from the opened double wide door. No problem just needed a couple more covers. After a few weeks I noticed on one of the covers the edging coming off from the main part of the cover. Looked like a minor sewing issue but not what I expected. Emailed a photo to HTC, a few weeks later had a brand new cover delivered.

Just wanted to pass this along. Great product and a company to back it up.

Jay

Vince Shriver
08-16-2014, 11:23 PM
Some years ago a local tool supplier sold me a mobile base for a machine, but said they would have to modify it. They did so, but it turned out kind of a cobbled-up thing that didn't exactly fit. I explained my problem to htc; they got the dimensions of what I needed and sent me a new custom made unit to fit - FREE OF CHARGE. I have nothing but praise for that company.

Tai Fu
08-17-2014, 1:09 PM
Sorry, I only have an iphone... never cared for HTC.

Doug Hobkirk
08-17-2014, 6:30 PM
So I've never used them. Are they permeable? If not, don't they trap moisture?

Clueless...

Oh, and congratulations, Jay. It's great when any company impresses a consumer as much as they did you.

PS - I ask because I have stacks of tarps, quilts, sheets, towels, plastic, etc. (How do I spell "hoarder"?) Rewarding HTC is good, but so are recycling and saving money.

Jay Rasmussen
08-18-2014, 9:43 PM
Doug.
Here's what they claim:
These unique covers are made of rugged cotton sheeting that's scientifically coated with a special plastisol, which allows it to breathe, yet remain water-resistant. The fabric is then roll-hemmed around the entire perimeter with a rubberized magnet sewn into each corner.

I’m all for recycling. If you have something lying around that works to protect your machines that’s great. I don’t collect much stuff mainly because I have no room.
I have absolutely no affiliation to HTC but those cover really work. But I also keep a coat of wax on all the exposed metal surfaces as well. Any time I see rust I hear the Psycho shower scene music, I’m not kidding. Having their covers over my machinery comforts me. Ahh, come to think of it, I feel better right now.

Jay

Bill Orbine
08-18-2014, 10:11 PM
Sorry, I only have an iphone... never cared for HTC.

Sooooo...... your iphone does an better job keeping your machines dry from the weather elements than the HTC?:p

Tai Fu
08-18-2014, 10:24 PM
I bet there's an app for that!

Yonak Hawkins
08-18-2014, 11:14 PM
I also had a very good experience with HTC. A long while back I bought one of those cheapo oscillating spindle sanders, brand name : Triton. It was warranted for 3 years. After about a year and a half of pretty rugged use the oscillation quit. In the meanwhile, the Triton brand was acquired by HTC, then retired and replaced by the brand : 909. They sent me a brand new 909 spindle sander without question. I have since gotten a Jet JOVS-10, but I still keep the 909 as a back-up and it's still running strong.

There should be a sticky thread for stories about positive experiences with companies (maybe a thread dedicated to bad experiences, as well). I also want to praise a company named Caster City. I bought some replacement casters for some work carts. After stacking about 600 lbs. of lumber on one (the casters are rated 200 lbs. each, for a total of 800 lbs.) one caster bent. They shipped out a replacement immediately. Kudos to HTC and Caster City from my experience.

Bill Orbine
08-18-2014, 11:39 PM
I bet there's an app for that!

Let me know when you find the app and you sold me!:D