PDA

View Full Version : Festool ETS sanders

Todd Hyman
08-15-2014, 7:08 PM
I have a ETS 125 sander. Do I need a ETS 150 either the 3mm or 5mm?

Thanks

Chris Padilla
08-15-2014, 7:15 PM
I don't know...do you? :)

You have to get a whole new sander that is similar to your 125 and buy new 150 mm sandpaper to go with it.

I would say "no" off hand.

Bill McNiel
08-15-2014, 8:41 PM
Initial reaction IMHO is no. Depending on what kind of work you do, I would get the the Rotex 125 or the 150 if you don't mind adding yet another paper size, DTS 400 EQ or the RS 2 E next (these all fill different needs).

Peter Quinn
08-15-2014, 8:53 PM
The 125 is a hand held sander or "palm sander" if you will. The ets 150 is only a palm sander if you have palms like sasquach, for the rest of us its largely a two hander. I have both, for face frames and glued up doors I like the ets 125, I don't like a sander that is double the width of the workpiece, hard to control, tends to roll edges, too heavy, operator fatigue.....etc. But for panels, table tops, etc, its just a lot faster given the larger surface it covers....IIR its like 40% more surface area? Need is too subjective a term to give an answer, but you might find them both useful in different contexts. If I had to have just one it would be the smaller one. In my case i bought the ets 150 first thinking bigger is better then decided that was a mistake that could only be corrected by getting the smaller one!