PDA

View Full Version : Crosscut Sled for Router Table

George Bokros
08-11-2014, 3:43 PM
MLCS has a crosscut sled for the router table in the catalog I just received. Does anyone have a crosscut sled they use on the router table? It looks like it would be simple to make the only challenging part would be the slot down the middle for the bit to come up through,

Not thinking of getting one but just curious if anyone uses one.

George

pat warner
08-11-2014, 4:28 PM
Indeed, I do (http://patwarner.com/images/tswebb4759.jpg).

Peter Stahl
08-12-2014, 11:08 AM
Very clever design Pat. I would probably prefer a guard of some type though.

Phil Thien
08-12-2014, 11:57 AM
I made mine in two halves. I placed the halves on the table, and then installed and tightened the fence. It works great!

Tom M King
08-12-2014, 12:18 PM
294702I usually just make something quickly for a specific purpose. If possible, I like to key off the table top, but sometimes that doesn't work out. Here is one I made for a 1780 reproduction window sash project. The rails had long tenons through the stiles, and the little cope (to fit the sash profile ovolo) was cut last, after the shoulder was cut to make the rail the proper length. A low profile fence had to be used instead of a normal one, so that the tenon could project beyond over the top. This sled uses both ends for each end of the rails. The wood was very brittle antique Heart Pine, so the sled has a Boxwood backer that fits the ovolo to prevent tearout. You can see the whole project in detail on the "windows" page of my website historichousepreservation.com