PDA

View Full Version : Trotec Speedy 300 Y Offset adjust.

Chris J Anderson
08-10-2014, 8:45 AM
Hi to All,

Our Speedy 300 is out on the Y offset, it sits 1mm down from the top of the bed, X is ok.

1: The vector bed is in position correctly.
2: The position in job control is X 0, and Y 0.

I'm not connected to the machine at the moment (at home)...
When I go into service Settings / Offset, the options are greyed out, so I can't adjust them.
(I can't remember if they were greyed out when I was at work / connected to the laser).

Can I adjust the offset when connected to the laser, or is it a Trotec Technician limited setting ?

I am assuming I can adjust it ?

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,
Chris

Dan Kozakewycz
08-10-2014, 8:52 AM
It requires a password to access. I need to adjust mine too, the engineer showed me shortcut to unlock those settings without the password but I either forgot what it was or it won't work on my my new PC until it been unlocked with the password.

Peter Meacham
08-10-2014, 9:22 PM
FYI, I think the password on my old Trotec is "name" (without the quotes, all lower case)

Chris J Anderson
08-10-2014, 11:58 PM
all good thank you lads...

support from supplier tech over phone...

power machine on.

focus then set pointer to top left corner exactly.

Once machine was connected, just pressed ctrl - alt - s

then select offset

then click 'get present offsets' and apply.

cheers,
Chris

Dan Kozakewycz
08-11-2014, 4:43 AM
Crtl - Alt - S doesn't appear to work on mine, but I'm guessing it's because nobody has entered a password on this machine before. :(

Chris J Anderson
08-11-2014, 6:11 AM
Dan it only worked when I established a connection with the machine...

I don't know about the access password, and it was only installed a few days ago, I'm the only one to use it.

Without the shortcut key press, its...
SETTINGS - OPTIONS - SERVICE - SERVICE SETTINGS - OFFSET

But as said, its greyed out if you aren't 'connected' to the machine.

Hope it works for you too...

Cheers,
Chris

Dan Kozakewycz
08-11-2014, 2:46 PM
Actually I've realised what the problem is, Crtl - Alt- S brings up the PC's serial codes, obviously it's not a key sequence getting to Job Control because there's something else assigned to it!

Quick search for 'Disable Crtl - Alt- S', change it to Crtl - Alt - Z, and I've now got access to the service settings. :)

Chris J Anderson
08-11-2014, 8:40 PM
Am starting to like this Trotec Job Control software, (once you get your head around it), its pretty cool for quick positioning and layout etc, has some really nice features.