PDA

View Full Version : Changed my PC, do I need the Trotec engineer back to set up the laser again?

Dan Kozakewycz
08-08-2014, 3:49 PM
Just the other week I had the engineer from Trotec at my place doing a power test on my Speedy 100 as it was down on power when it was first installed. While the power output is now fine, he noted that my laptop was really struggling and advised buying a new desktop machine instead, which I promptly did.

I've now got the new machine all set up, switched the laser on, set the bed height to the standard position for my material and promptly crashed the bed into the air assist nozzle! I had totally forgotten about all the calibration settings that had been assigned which I have now presumably lost, as I wiped the hard drive on the laptop and installed it in the desktop (was a brand new SSD so worth reusing).

Do I now need the engineer to come backto set up again, or is it possible to access the service settings and set it up myself? :o

Tony Lenkic
08-08-2014, 3:53 PM
Dan,

You can have technician log on remotely, take over your PC and set it up without coming to your place.

Mark Sipes
08-08-2014, 4:14 PM
WOW my machines has limit switches for right, left, up and down.... hard to believe you could hit anything if it were properly adjusted...

Start with a remote feed and ask about the limit switches....