PDA

View Full Version : Lens and Mirrors for Gravograph LS100ex

Kristian Matz
08-08-2014, 3:41 PM
New member here, I am really enjoying reading this forum. I have learned a lot.

After reading the different topics here, I think some of the inconsistent engraving results that I have been getting with my LS100ex (35w) are due to a dirty lens and mirrors. We try to keep them clean but, i think I may need to replace them. The mirror on the head has a cloudy look to it and I can not get it clean with the cleaning solution that they gave me. I am also having trouble getting the lens clean. Is there something else I should use to try and clean them?

I checked with Gravograph and they want $1173 to replace the lens and 2 mirrors. This seems pretty high, I have looked around on the web and I can not find another source with out knowing exactly what I am looking for.

Also does anyone have any information on how to test and align the mirrors on my laser? I can not find any information on how to do it. I would prefer to not have to ask Gravograph as they are all but useless.

Ross Moshinsky
08-08-2014, 3:49 PM
Laser Research.

Lens = LB9072007-A0
Mirror = LZ7070012-G5 (laser head mirror)

You might want to confirm but these are what we bought a few years ago.

Kristian Matz
08-08-2014, 3:57 PM
Thanks for the info, I had contacted that company and they told me that they do not carry the Lens for my laser. I will ask them again abut these parts.

Tony Lenkic
08-08-2014, 4:02 PM
They have them listed on their web.

http://www.laserresearch.net/laserengravers2.asp?manufacturer_id=13

Kristian Matz
08-08-2014, 4:07 PM
When I search their site with the product number that you gave me, different product numbers come up.

LB9072007-A0 brings up product LX-0720-Z-ET1.8 (These low absorption ZnSe positive focusing lenses provide an extended lifetime in laser cutting applications where depth of field is an important factor. Ideally suited for welding, cutting and heat treating, these low cost lenses have superior thermal characteristics which can prevent thermal runaway in high power CO2 lasers.)

LZ7070012-G5 brings up product ZPR-0712-S-0 (These reflectors utilize a highly enhanced zero phase thin-film coatings applied to either a silicon or copper mirror substrate. This specialized design provides the basis for a low loss polarization insensitive CO2 laser mirror designed to maintain the circular polarization of the beam's delivery system.)

Does this sound right. I think I forgot to mention that I was looking for a 2" lens.

Kristian Matz
08-08-2014, 4:25 PM
I contacted them from that page and was told:

Hi Kristian,

Sorry we do not carry the lenses for the LS100EX.

This came from their sales manager.

Kristian Matz
08-12-2014, 10:21 AM
Does anyone know if these parts sound correct?

Also does anyone have information on testing and correcting the alignment on the LS100(ex)?

Thank you,

Ross Moshinsky
08-12-2014, 10:28 AM
I have a LS100. I've used that lens and that mirror for several years now with no issues. You need a c-clip pliers for the install as well.

Kev Williams
08-12-2014, 10:40 AM
All that matters on the lens is that the diameter is the same as the old one so it'll fit in the housing-- I'm assuming the LS100 uses the same lens housing as mine, which is just a simple aluminum tube. If you can't find a lens the same diameter, then buy what you can, then have a machine shop make a new housing to fit the lens, probably cost less than $100.

Kristian Matz
08-12-2014, 1:51 PM
Great, thank you. I measured the piece that I currently have and it is .75" so it seems correct.

Do I need to worry about alignment when I change out the mirrors and lens?

Kristian Matz
09-22-2014, 11:49 AM
I have received the new lens and mirrors and they seem to be the exact same parts as I need. However when I put the new mirror in (the one on the right near the power switch) every thing is out of alignment. Did I put the mirror in wrong or does it just need to be adjusted? Right now the beam is not even hitting the mirror above the lens. If it needs to be aligned, can anyone walk me through that process?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Kristian Matz
09-22-2014, 4:29 PM
Update: Gravograph sent me a pdf on how to align the mirrors.

Joseph Mullins
08-02-2017, 7:31 AM
Kristian, would you by chance still have those instructions?

Has anyone ever used Amazon lenses?

Mike Null
08-02-2017, 7:39 AM
Joe
Welcome to SMC.. Have no experience with any of the Amazon lenses but this company makes original equipment stuff. http://www.iiviinfrared.com/CO2-Laser-Optics/lenses.html