PDA

View Full Version : Laser Tile

James & Zelma Litzmann
08-07-2014, 1:54 PM
Has anyone order from LaserTile recently? I called them on Monday or Tuesday, sent an email and called again today, it goes directly to a answering machine or voice mail. Does anyone know what is going on with them?

Dee Gallo
08-08-2014, 12:26 AM
I don't know, it seems like I heard a rumor at one time they were not selling their own tiles anymore. But how many do you need? I have a couple dozen of 4" and 6" if you are in a bind.

James & Zelma Litzmann
08-08-2014, 7:30 AM
Thank you Dee, but I needed to get stocked for the Christmas season. I sure hope I can figure something else out. I use several of the 6 inch tiles.

Mike Audleman
08-08-2014, 2:05 PM
That product looks pretty cool.

What are the lasering requirements on the tile? I mean what do you mark it with (power, etc) and do you need a marking paint?

Either of you have some photos of your work that you have done with the tiles?

Sorry, trying to learn here. New to lasering.

James & Zelma Litzmann
08-08-2014, 2:46 PM
We use them for photos, poems, scripture, etc. It depends on the power of your laser and what you are doing as to the settings, for instance with wording I may use 45 speed and 100 power, for photos I may use 65-85 speed and 100 power, it depends on the quality of the photo also. And no you do not need a marking paint, it is already built in.

Mike Audleman
08-08-2014, 3:08 PM
So power is required? I have an inexpensive chinese 50w ebay laser. Is it capable of marking the tile/glass?

I could see these being some cool gift ideas. And are they regular tile that could be placed on a wall with other standard tile?

James & Zelma Litzmann
08-08-2014, 5:37 PM
Not sure about that answer, I believe they are used in inside construction, such as staircases, backsplashes and murals, but I am not 100% sure.

This morning I filled out the form on their website and they called me and I got my order placed.