PDA

View Full Version : Good news about band saw tires

Tom Lewis
08-06-2014, 10:14 PM
A short time ago I asked a question about mounting band saw tires on a 21" wheel. I got some good answers here and thought I would let you know what I found out.
Sulphur Grove Tool will custom make any size tire you need. They are Urethane tires. I had bought tires from two different places, and they were too small. I think they were for smaller wheels.
I ordered from Sulphur Grove Monday and the tires came today. They fit perfectly. No need to soak in hot water.
Sulphur Grove has a U-tube video called "Band Saw Tire Installation Jig" This jig is easy to make and makes putting a tire on a 21" rim easy.
Maybe this information will help someone else get the right size tires, and install them on a large wheel.

Steve Peterson
08-07-2014, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the useful info.

Let me guess, this must be for for a Grizzly bandsaw. For some reason they seem to like odd bandsaw sizes of 17" and 19". The rest of the world has even sizes of 10", 14", 18", and 20".

Steve

Steve Paxman
08-07-2014, 3:28 PM
I totally shredded my hands a bit a few months ago installing new poly bandsaw tires. That is something I hope I never need to do again!