PDA

View Full Version : Gangsta pants

Kirk (KC) Constable
07-05-2005, 7:20 PM
Couple months ago the bathroom scale spoke to me and said it was time to cut back on the full-fat Blue Bunny ice cream :eek: :mad: , A&W rootbeer, Red Baron frozen pizzas, Doritos, etc., etc. :(

So now that I've lost 25 pounds :p , my jeans are sliding right off if I move around too much. I don't know how the youngsters can wear 'em like this!

In case anybody's ineterested...I did exactly what I said above...and nothing else. No more excercise, no real 'trying'...I just went to diet drinks (when I drank soda), greatly reduced the snacky chips, and cut out the ice cream. I still eat immediately before sleeping, too. It's driving LOML crazy, because she gains weight watching somebody ELSE eat and fights it all the time.

KC

Jim Dunn
07-06-2005, 11:27 PM
Shame on you for loosing weight that easily;) And haven't you learned by now not to make your swmbo madd:confused: You'll be wearing those pants around your neck if your not careful. Just keep telling her she has more to love now that she has gained weight:eek: As soon as swelling in my right eye goes down enough,:D I'm gonna look at my wife again

Congrats on your weight loss.

Jim

Dennis Peacock
07-07-2005, 9:51 AM
Well Kirk....I'm with your wife on the weight stuff. I've been "plump" most all my life and I played football, baseball, basketball, volleyball, farmed, hauled hay, was a weight lifter in high school and I was still overweight.

Congrats to loosing your weight....!!!!!! I'm proud for ya. :D :D

Donnie Raines
07-07-2005, 10:45 AM
Well Kirk....I'm with your wife on the weight stuff. I've been "plump" most all my life and I played football, baseball, basketball, volleyball, farmed, hauled hay, was a weight lifter in high school and I was still overweight.

"PLUMP"......thats one way of saying it..... :D :D :D

I have been lean my entire life.....until the last few months. I have simply been to busy to do anything other then work and hang with the kids. I do play the occasional round of golf...but no longer do I hike it. It's a brat, large coke and a cart for me these days..... :cool:

Mark Singer
07-07-2005, 10:49 AM
Thats great! Much easier said than done .....for most!

Jim Becker
07-07-2005, 3:54 PM
My personal weight loss program is currently in progress...getting up too early, eating very little and chasing two energetic kids around for four weeks. That should take off a few pounds...or at least get me started since the new health club is delayed opening until the end of the month. Again. Building inspector is picky, apparently.

Chris Padilla
07-07-2005, 4:37 PM

I saw how you ate real good at Hatfield's last summer...'tis no mystery to me, Aye!!!

;) :D

larry merlau
07-08-2005, 10:03 AM
i was told the defination of the word (plump) from my mom, its a pleasingly rounded person. i too have been in that boat in younger years, but the latter years its finally gone away some. the feed bag kept gettin harder to reach. and when i was in high school it was more fashinable to say (husky) ,and the jeans even came in the husky size. as for the jean droppin, just put another hole in your belt and hoist them up some more. the good side is now you can wear more under neath to stay warm in colder climates.god job and continue your plan its better for your body

Dan Gill
07-08-2005, 10:38 AM
Congratulations, Kirk. My wife did much the same thing, except she cut WAY back on the carbs and still counts what she eats. She got a scare when her MD told her she was borderline diabetic. She lost 60 pounds and looks a lot like the skinny little girl I married almost 30 years ago. Now it's my turn . . .

Jerry Clark
07-08-2005, 12:29 PM
Wow Kirk, ;) You must have been eating a lot of the "junk" food!:rolleyes:

John Hart
07-10-2005, 6:59 AM
There's another thing you can do that works...and it's not much of a sacrifice. Eliminate everything that's made with white flour. (white bread, crackers, etc) That stuff turns to sugar faster than sugar and your body can't keep up with the processing. You'll also have more energy.

Kirk (KC) Constable
07-10-2005, 7:49 AM
Wow Kirk, ;) You must have been eating a lot of the "junk" food!:rolleyes:

I hit the junk pretty heavy, yes. Especially ice cream. And powdered sugar donuts. And honey buns. It wasn't real hard to knock about 2000 calories a day off. :eek: