PDA

View Full Version : Hotmail Problems

Peter Stahl
07-05-2005, 5:09 PM
Anyone use hotmail? I want to forward a message that has attachments but all that the person I'm sending to gets is a attachment with a file named message5.txt The contents of the file look like a source code file. Is there a way to forward it without it changing anything. I've been slowly getting away from Hotmail but still have some people sending me things through it.

thanks, Pete

Don Baer
07-05-2005, 5:30 PM
Pete;
The person who you are sending the e mail my not be set up to receive HTML and Hotmail typicaly will send the E mail in an HTML format. Just gueesing here.

Peter Stahl
07-05-2005, 5:55 PM
Pete;
The person who you are sending the e mail my not be set up to receive HTML and Hotmail typicaly will send the E mail in an HTML format. Just gueesing here.

Don,

You may be onto something there. The person that had the problem has a Outlook account so I forward it to my Outlook account and got the same thing. I also have a gmail account (which is replacing the Hotmail) and it came in there ok. So then I forward it from gmail to outlook and now I can see it in outlook ok. Thanks for the quick response. I sent a email to hotmails help, I'll let you know what they say.

Pete

Peter Stahl
07-06-2005, 8:43 AM
Don,

I sent a email to hotmails help, I'll let you know what they say.

Pete

I actually got a response from Hotmail and it wasn't telling me to got to the FAQ's like a lot of sites do. Here's the response:

Hello Peter,

Thank you for writing to MSN Hotmail Technical Support.

This is Roxanne and I am replying to your concern about receiving a "messag5.txt" file when trying to forward an attachment.

I know how important it is for you to forward attachments without problems and I appreciate the time you took to report this issue. Your feedback is of great help in our drive to continually improve our products and services.

We are already aware of this and we are currently working on a fix for this issue. I would like to assure you that we are engaging additional resources to resolve this as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, I suggest that you save the file to your hard drive and then re-attach it to your outgoing message. I have provided below the steps on how you can do this:

1. Open the mail that contains the attachment you want to forward.
2. Save the file in your hard drive by doing either of these steps:

a. If the image is embedded on the message body, right-click on the image, click “Save Picture As” then click “Save.”
b. If the image is not embedded on the message body, click the filename on the “Attachment” field, click “Download File”, right-click on the image, click “Save Picture As” then click “Save.”

3. Click “Forward.”
4. On the "Forward" page, click "Attach".
5. Click "File" on the drop down menu.
6. Click "Browse" to locate the file you want to attach. On the toolbar, click "OK" to return to your message, or click "OK and Attach Another" to attach another file.

Peter, please remain confident that Hotmail is in control of the situation and is committed to serve you better.

Sincerely,

Roxanne G.
MSN Hotmail Technical Support

Charles McKinley
07-06-2005, 9:32 AM
Hi Pete,

That is the fix I would have suggested. It seems MS customer support is getting better. I think they are starting to feel competioin that they just can't go in and buy out.

I hope that your problem is resolved.

Peter Stahl
07-06-2005, 1:54 PM
Hi Pete,

That is the fix I would have suggested. It seems MS customer support is getting better. I think they are starting to feel competioin that they just can't go in and buy out.

I hope that your problem is resolved.

I call that a work around. Thanks for the reply.

Pete