PDA

View Full Version : Trotec Atmos Duo

Steve Crawford
08-04-2014, 8:30 AM
Does anyone know (roughly), how many kilos/pounds of activated carbon chips the Trotec Atmos Duo system has within it's two filter bags in the lower part of the filter system?

I'm going to try using granulated activated carbon chips 2-4mm aquarium filter material to replace the carbon which I think is now used up in my system. I was surprised how quickly my filters are being used, and currently exploring how to make my filtration (of mostly MDF fumes/glues etc.), more cost effective.

appreciate any suggestions.

Glen Monaghan
08-04-2014, 10:28 AM
No idea what that unit uses, but you'll probably want to dismantle the filter to verify the pellet size so you should be able to determine the volume and weight of what's there so that you can replace with like quantity of fresh AC. As for weight, remember that, if actually "used up", the AC will weigh more than fresh pellets so going by volume is probably more accurate.

Dan Hintz
08-04-2014, 12:57 PM
As for weight, remember that, if actually "used up", the AC will weigh more than fresh pellets so going by volume is probably more accurate.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Steve Crawford
08-06-2014, 1:41 PM
Anyone know if the chips can be recycled, washed & dried or anything?

Steve Crawford
08-06-2014, 2:03 PM
Jit I tried to reply to you, but your inbox is full up, can you make some room please so I can PM you?

Jiten Patel
08-06-2014, 2:32 PM
Hi Steve,

Should be sorted now.

Dan Hintz
08-06-2014, 3:26 PM
Anyone know if the chips can be recycled, washed & dried or anything?

Yes, they can be refreshed, but you're not going to do it. They're filled with nasty chemicals (the entire reason for using it in the first place), so it's best to let someone else do it. And a heads up... I know of no company who will do a tiny batch like that. Your best bet is to save up numerous refills and then the company a 55-gal drum.

Steve Crawford
08-07-2014, 9:13 AM
After taking delivery of a full new set of filters and carbon for my Atmos Duo I can now report that the two bags of carbon when new are 9 kilos each (that's 20lb). So 18 kilos (40lb) altogether. Definitely still seeking a cheaper alternative as with the comfort box etc. it came to over £700 with VAT. :eek: