PDA

View Full Version : Mini Max Lab 22

Rick Potter
08-03-2014, 4:59 PM
Anyone ever heard of this model? I don't see any info on the Mini Max site about it, and the pics I have seen look like it may be kind of like a KITY. Strange looking, but I am into strange.

Just curious.

Rick Potter

Erik Loza
08-03-2014, 6:37 PM
Very early combo machine, disco'ed many years ago. Yes, closer to the Kity, Robland, etc.

Was there a specific question?

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

Rick Potter
08-03-2014, 7:10 PM
Just curious, Erik.

There is one on CL near me for $1100, and that seemed awful cheap for a multi function machine. Of course maybe it doesn't do too well at the functions. As a certified tool junkie, it intrigues me.

Is it a decent machine?

Rick P

Erik Loza
08-03-2014, 7:26 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't know what "decent" means to you. Was it well made?... Yes. Is it what you're looking for?... No clue. That's for you to decide, not anyone else. Some guys want more of a project than a woodworking machine. And some guys want a cheap woodworking machine more than a project. I will tell you that it is 25+ years old, so parts availability will be an issue if that helps your decision.

Best of luck with it.

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

Loren Woirhaye
08-03-2014, 8:06 PM
One of those was for sale on the OC Craigslist a few months back for $850.

Rick Potter
08-04-2014, 3:02 AM
Thanks guys,

Like I said, I was intrigued and curious, but I am definitely not in the market. Got too many machines already. I really need to unload some, but I need to get the grand daughter to help me with pics. Two horizontal boring machines, a medium duty shaper, a Sears RAS, a Super Shop, at least one scroll saw, band saw, router table, a big OMGA RAS, and a Castle pocket hole machine will all be in the classifieds when she has time to help me. She leaves for school in a couple weeks, and I need to catch her with some free time.

Rick P.
Tool Collector