PDA

View Full Version : Found a nice hammer

Moses Yoder
08-03-2014, 11:16 AM
Found a Stanley #602 hammer with the additional claw making it a #6020. The head is definitely magnetic, in pretty nice shape. We use the Hoffman dovetail keys for assembly of some of our hood parts and this will be the perfect hammer for tapping in the keys. I am going to hang it on the end of my bench and smile a little every time I use it. The logo is square, they used this as early as 1925 I think. The claw looks pretty primitive. The hammer had a large spot of white paint on the handle that I removed then oiled it all over with BLO. I thought Walter was exaggerating a little but one in really bad shape sold for 20 on the bay.

Winton Applegate
08-04-2014, 12:52 AM
Several years ago I was getting fired up to either reupholster our fifty plus year old couch or make a new one. I also have wanted an easy chair for longer than that. Thought I might make a wing back even though we don't sit in front of a fire place. Torn between the foot stool and getting crazy and making a swing up.

I was jonesing for a pneumatic stapler then but now I might just go with my tack hammer similar to yours but smaller and only thirty years old. Just a hammer.

Thanks for posting it. Any thoughts from you or any one on staples vs tacks. I probably won't do much upholstery after that little dab.