PDA

View Full Version : help slanting text

Kevin Clark2227
08-02-2014, 3:27 PM
I am trying to slant some text (italicize) that does not feature italics. Attached is an example of the some slanted text.294084
If you were to take this text and put it on a level line, the text is slanting forward. How can I take text that is not italics and slant it.
I am using CD X6. I found a post on SMC from 2004 (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?12082-Help-How-to-slant-text-in-CorelDRAW-(resolved)) that showed how to do this but the steps do not seem to work for my version.

Kev Williams
08-02-2014, 3:42 PM
Type some text, then click the arrow tool button to exit text entry.

Click on the text to group it, wait a second, then click it again-- this brings up the slant and rotate arrows:

Clicking on the center arrows lets you slant the text, clicking on the corrner arrows lets you rotate it--

Steve Morris
08-02-2014, 5:17 PM
what he said ^^ :)

also, click Arrange/Transformations/Skew on the menu bar

Tony Lenkic
08-02-2014, 5:55 PM
To slant the text that does not support italic function can be achieved with "Envelope" tool in Corel. Do not convert text to curves as that will not allow you to change the text afterwards if needed.
Here are the steps to get there:
1 -Type your text
2 - With text selected got to "Effects" ( if you don't have it in the docker.
3 - Select top right option "Add Preset" and you will get number of shapes to work with. For just slant select top left box. You will now have your text enclosed with 4 handles.
4 - Swipe across top handles and drag them to desired location.

Note: now that text can be replaced with another message and it will hold same shape as originally created.

It sound as there is lot's of work but it is quicker to do than explain how to do it. Hope this helps.

Kevin Clark2227
08-02-2014, 6:02 PM
When I click bring up the rotate arrows, I can move the arrows in the middle and I can see that the text box skews to the left or right when moved, but the text seems to just move sideways and doesn't skew.

Mark Sipes
08-02-2014, 6:57 PM
Skew Defined:

You can skew objects interactively with the mouse by dragging the skewing handles. Skewing handles are the straight horizontal and vertical arrows which appear at the mid-points of the object. The Free Skew tool changes the slant and the position of the object.

(c) 1992 - 1999 Corel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Do you also want to rotate the text so it is level??

Kev Williams
08-02-2014, 8:05 PM
When I click bring up the rotate arrows, I can move the arrows in the middle and I can see that the text box skews to the left or right when moved, but the text seems to just move sideways and doesn't skew.

You're using "paragraph text" within a text box-- The slant thing won't work, you need "artistic" text, where you just click the text button and start typing without a text box--

-OR-

Just group the text box, then click CTRL+F8, and this will convert it to artistic text...

Kevin Clark2227
08-02-2014, 9:21 PM
Convert to artistic text. That's what I was forgetting to do. Thanks.