PDA

View Full Version : Can I resharpen a Lenox Woodmaster CT bandsaw blade?

dirk martin
07-31-2014, 3:55 PM
Anyone know if these are resharpen-able?

David Kumm
07-31-2014, 5:03 PM
I've been told no. Not enough carbide. Some might do it but a carbide blade like the Trimaster can be resharpened but if the guy gets close to the gullet, stress cracks will accelerate and the blade will snap. I've heard enough stories of blades coming back form the sharpener and breaking shortly after to discourage me. Dave

Duane Meadows
07-31-2014, 6:21 PM
Lenox says no. I trust them, being the manufacturer. And yes I have a Woodmaster CT blade.

peter gagliardi
07-31-2014, 7:23 PM
That is too bad.^^^ pricey piece of strapping for a one time use! Makes you start asking yourself "is it that dull yet? Really?"
Well, if you decide to replace, the carbide resaw blade by Timberwolf can be re sharpened by them, so they claim.
There is as Dave says, precious little carbide bits that make the teeth, makes me wonder how. If sent back before totally trashed maybe, as usually they only have to face grind microns off to get the fresh edge back if sent early.

David Kumm
07-31-2014, 8:09 PM
If you are a first time carbide blade user the CT is a good choice. Less carbide and can't be resharpened but cheaper than the Trimaster 2-3 varitooth. Use the blade and get the feel for using a carbide high tension blade. Be sure your saw can handle it and if so it will last pretty long. You can always decide on the more expensive blade later. My experience is that some will break before fully dull if not handled properly. Dave

dirk martin
07-31-2014, 10:04 PM
I've been running the CT since April, with almost daily resawing. It's finally getting dull....hence my question.

Andrew Hughes
07-31-2014, 10:13 PM
Not too many saw services that can do the job,The place I use did a fine job on my woodmaster Ct.They also have sharpend a resaw king from laguna for me in the past.
They do good work .www.dailysawservice.com/

dirk martin
07-31-2014, 11:40 PM
Andrew, they resharpened your Woodmaster CT?
What was the cost?

Andrew Hughes
07-31-2014, 11:49 PM
Yes they did a fine job, my blade is 14 ft so off off the top of my head I think it was about 60 or 65 bucks.With my shipping and tax.

Gus Dundon
08-01-2014, 12:46 PM
I have CT blades for years but never have to resharpen this.

dirk martin
08-02-2014, 4:33 PM
I would imagine, Gus, it highly depends on how much you use it, and on what species of wood.

Wade Lippman
08-02-2014, 4:53 PM
It went when I sold my old BS, but I am pretty sure my Laguna carbide blade claimed it could be resharpened repeatedly. Is that correct.

Andrew Hughes
08-02-2014, 5:31 PM
I haven't had a resaw king for a while,and when I was Useing thier blades I don't even think it's was carbide more like sellite.
but the blades I used were sharpend at least three times.The tip only need to be thicker than the band.And that's the set.My woodworker friend has one of the new ones and it's looks like a nice big tooth.He also get great cuts off the saw.Its just so expensive.The last one I bought I bent when a small piece of wood came off the side.The blade cut like my chain saw after that.The blade was only two days old.:(