PDA

View Full Version : ? good deal or not?

erik johansen
07-29-2014, 11:33 PM
I am new to woodworking, been using a bosch 4100 portable table saw I bought from a neighbor, but have found I need to to upgrade. I have a chance to buy a used saw stop 1.75 hrs 30" pro series cabinet saw it is 2 years old and used by hobbyist who has since passed away. It includes wheeled base and blade guard with the built in dust collector. Only problem I see is 4 rust spots on table about the size of a quarter. Lowest they will go is $1600.00 Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank in advance.

Frank Martin
07-29-2014, 11:39 PM
I think that saw retails about twice that asking price. If it runs and all parts are there, I would jump on it as small rust spots as easy to clean.

Mike Henderson
07-29-2014, 11:40 PM
I don't know the price of that SS but the rust is not a problem. Even if it was really bad and left pits in the surface it would generally not affect the operation of the saw. Most of the time it's just surface and a bit of sandpaper will take care of it.

Mike

erik johansen
07-29-2014, 11:59 PM
Started it up and seems to run fine, I think the retail is about $2500 including my state tax. It looks like these saws hold their value, couldn't find any used for sale on the net to do a price comparison. Btw thank you for you for your quick response.

Bill White
07-30-2014, 11:21 AM
Jump on that deal like a duck on a June bug. :)
Bill