PDA

View Full Version : Fun little project I just finished

Jason Hilton
07-29-2014, 11:51 AM
It's my girlfriend's birthday next week, and since she usually spends a lot of time leading up to it bugging me to get her gifts early I decided to have a little fun with it this year! The idea is she gets a random gift each day leading up to her birthday. She chooses which gift by spinning the spinner! I of course have yet to obtain my own laser machine so I had a friend with new shop cut the parts for me from 1/4 inch ply.

Anyway, thought I'd share. It was a fun little thing to whip up!

Kim Vellore
07-29-2014, 1:51 PM
Looks nice and colorful, but got to get the spelling of "Spinnar" corrected before you give it to her.

Robert Walters
07-29-2014, 2:09 PM
Jason,

I don't know man, I don't think ya thought this through too much...

I would have done 16 spots, only 8 "real" pre-gifts, and the other 8 spots be consequences...

Give your boyfriend a massage every day for a week.
Wear your ugliest Christmas sweater for a day, in the summer time!
Whatever your boyfriend say's to do for one hour happily!
etc.

No risk, no reward :cool:

Jason Hilton
07-29-2014, 2:17 PM
Kim - I misspelled "SpinnAR" on purpose, it's an inside joke :)

Robert - Wish I had thought of that one! Maybe I'll make an alternate version for Valentines Day!

Scott Shepherd
07-29-2014, 2:40 PM
Who gives 8 gifts for a birthday? What'd you do wrong? Clearly you're trying to buy forgiveness for something bad you have done (or are planning to do) :p

She's obviously quite lucky!

Jason Hilton
07-29-2014, 3:45 PM
HAH! I did mostly little things, mainly wanted her to have a lot to open, more fun that way! And yes, she's quite lucky! (So am I!)

Mayo Pardo
07-29-2014, 4:14 PM
Very cool idea!

I'm wondering why you cut the 8 individual pie shapes instead of just painting them directly on the background?

Jason Hilton
07-29-2014, 4:55 PM
I did separate pieces because I had limited time and painting each piece separately made painting them a lot faster.