PDA

View Full Version : To Excited

Bert Kemp
07-29-2014, 10:46 AM
:DWell I have goose bumps running up and down my back:D
I just made a deal with Ray Scott to buy an RL 6040 upgraded to 60 watts.
I have to Say so far Ray and Carol have been awesome to work with can't wait to meet them when I travel to there shop and pick up my machine in Sept.
Now I just have to calm myself down for the next 6 weeks till I go get it LOL :rolleyes::D:)
Can't wait to upgrade my signature at the bottom of this page.:eek:

David Somers
07-29-2014, 10:52 AM
Woohoooooo! Congrats Bert! Anxious to hear how you like it. Hope to do the same with them someday!

Dave

Scott Shepherd
07-29-2014, 11:05 AM
Congratulations Bert! I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with it.

Dave, some day? Come on. You do know they will pay for plasma and other bodily fluids, right? You could have earned enough from selling plasma to pay for 2 lasers by now :) Think outside the box, man, come on!

David Somers
07-29-2014, 11:26 AM
Scott! I already sold one kidney and my medula oblongata! I have even put my Mom's collection of S&H green stamps in the pot, but I don't see Rabbitlaserusa listed in their 1958 redemption catalog. Sigh.

Dave
<grin>

Mike Null
07-29-2014, 11:46 AM
Bert

Congratulations. I'm sure you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

Bert Kemp
07-29-2014, 7:37 PM
Thanks guys I hope to have fun with it as I'm just a hobbyist .
Dave come on its time to pull the trigger, hey you buy it and I'll haul it back as far as Flagstaff AZ for ya. You can meet me there and haul it home yourself or have it shipped from there saving you a bundle in shipping cost.

Paul Phillips
07-29-2014, 8:11 PM
I think we should just all pitch in for laser for David, surely no one has waited as long and patiently as this poor guy, heck, he contributes more knowledge than most people that have owned a laser for years! David, I can't think of anyone more deserving! Maybe a kickstarter?

Jerome Stanek
07-29-2014, 8:47 PM
Is Ray coming out to set it up for you. When I checked he wouldn't let me pick it up.

Bert Kemp
07-30-2014, 10:52 AM
I'm picking it up at his store. set up myself.

David Somers
07-30-2014, 11:39 AM
Bert, I have a vision of you driving across the desert, and when no one is looking pulling the truck over and quickly uncrating the laser, hooking it up to a generator and firing it up jussssssst to get a quick fix before you get home!!! A friend and I did that when we bought our sea kayaks ages ago. He lived in eastern WA and I lived in southern OR and we bought the boats in Seattle, driving a big loop back to our homes with them. We had a big trip planned with them, but that was weeks away and we were excited. On the ride to his home we went by a lake. We HAD to stop and drop them in the water for a few hours paddle. We couldn't wait till our trip when we could toss them into the ocean!!!! It was fun. Felt like little kids!!!

But....when you are driving from Ohio back to AZ.....don't remember my tale of yesteryear and confuse it with your travels from Ohio. I will feel horrible if I hear you stopped by a lake and dropped the Rabbit in the water for a paddle and then realized you were channeling my youthful memories!! <grin>

A laser will come! Not too worried about that. Just a matter of when. Hoping to retire in January and I would like to have things moving well before that. My office is starting to develop a full blown panic about it however but hasn't had the sense to fill the other vacant positions in our office yet. And now they realize they have waited so long they wont be able to get someone here now to overlap with me. Hence the panic. They have known since January so any feelings of guilt I might have had have long since vanished. C'est la Vie!! Of course, their sense of panic ends up in my emails and calendar which doesn't help me get things done at home at all.

Bert...I don't think I can have my act together soon enough to meet your September trip....but I sure appreciate the offer and will be following your progress anxiously and with delight. Just remember....don't stop at any lakes on the way home!!! <grin>

Dave

Andrew Becker
07-31-2014, 11:19 PM
Bert! Congrats! :D You and I are in the same boat! I just bought a laser from Rabbit Laser USA this past Monday. Ray and Carol were awesome through the whole process. They are a class act business. Ray made it out to my place on Wednesday with the laser in his truck and did a great job setting everything up. I can't say enough about how great Rabbit Laser USA is. Congrats again and happy cutting and engraving. I plan to do a full review on the entire experience in the next few days.

Bob A Miller
07-31-2014, 11:44 PM
Bert & Andrew, congratulations on the new-soon to be new, lasers. Lots of fun to be had.

David, boy does your pre retirement story sound familiar.. Seems to be a lack of succession planning going on all over. I am sure with all this knowledge you will have your laser package picked out & just waiting soon.

Bert Kemp
08-01-2014, 3:33 PM
Bert! Congrats! :D You and I are in the same boat! I just bought a laser from Rabbit Laser USA this past Monday. Ray and Carol were awesome through the whole process. They are a class act business. Ray made it out to my place on Wednesday with the laser in his truck and did a great job setting everything up. I can't say enough about how great Rabbit Laser USA is. Congrats again and happy cutting and engraving. I plan to do a full review on the entire experience in the next few days.
Oh Congrats to you too hope you have a lot of fun with it.

Ken Shea
08-01-2014, 8:04 PM
Good for you Bert and Andrew,
Bert, the first few days wait is a killer then it subsides:D
Hopefully I'll have mine going in that time frame as well.

Bert Kemp
08-01-2014, 9:26 PM
Yea I hope so. I found a makerspace about 90 miles from were I am in NH they have an 80 watt rabbit so I'm hoping to go down there at least one day and get some first hand experience on it. Problem is there only open on thursday night from 6 to 9pm thats a 180 miles round trip for 3 hrs at the place and who knows how much time I'd actuality get. Been talking to the trainer down there waiting to see what he says.:)

Dee Gallo
08-04-2014, 1:54 PM
Congratulations Bert, I know you will be off and running right away having WAY too much fun!

David Somers
08-04-2014, 2:19 PM
Bert,

Move to Seattle! We have a bunch of Maker Spaces here with much better hours! A pleasant climate here too! Except when it is not of course.

Seriously.....you said NH, as in New Hampshire? I was thinking you were in AZ or elsewhere in the Desert Southwest?
Can Ray or Carole at Rabbit suggest someone in your area with a laser who might be open to some visits?

Either that or make a special post here asking for folks in your area?

I would be happy to help, but at this point all I can do is help you turn wood. That is almost, but not quite entirely unlike working with a laser! (apologies to Douglas Adams)

Dave

Bert Kemp
08-04-2014, 2:28 PM
Dave thought we had my location all figured out LOL yes I'm in New Hampshire for the summer headed back to Arizona in Sept. Will stop in Ohio and pick up laser LOL then I'm going to the nearest lake and try it out.
Thanks Dee I hope its more fun then what I got now:eek:we won't go there. Did I ever mention it died again about 2 weeks before I was leaving for New Hampshire. I just said ---it and left it there.
I sure hope I have better luck and support with the rabbit. altho I am starting to wonder just a little as I asked a couple ?'s about a week ago and still haven't heard back. Well last time I asked it took a week or so for them to get back. We'll see what happens.

David Somers
08-04-2014, 3:31 PM
Bert!

Nice!! NH in summer and AZ the rest of the year? I think you are starting to get a nice pattern going. And now I understand the Ohio laser pickup better. Initially I was thinking "Wow. S&H to AZ must be wicked expensive to justify a round trip drive? Wonder if he had looked into priority mail?" <grin>

You might check with Carole about contacts. I know depending on their travels and work there are contact methods that get through faster than others. I have always used the slow boat method, but I was not in any rush.

September will be here before you know it. Remember, if you forget and take the laser out in the lake....put it in a zip lock after with a bunch of dry rice. That will dry it out for you.. . <grin>

Bert Kemp
09-05-2014, 8:38 AM
:DWell I have goose bumps running up and down my back:D
I just made a deal with Ray Scott to buy an RL 6040 upgraded to 60 watts.
I have to Say so far Ray and Carol have been awesome to work with can't wait to meet them when I travel to there shop and pick up my machine in Sept.
Now I just have to calm myself down for the next 6 weeks till I go get it LOL :rolleyes::D:)
Can't wait to upgrade my signature at the bottom of this page.:eek:
293925:rolleyes:Well I'm dying here guys , no laser all summer:( as I've been in beautiful cool New Hampshire:)and I should be on my way to Ohio to see Ray and Carol and pick up my new Laser but due to situations beyond my control I have to wait another few weeks before I can leave:( Seems Ray has a show to do this week and when that's done they leave on Vacation for a week or two and then he has an Install in CA so Its going to be Oct 1 before i can go get it. What am I going to do to till then:confused: I'm running out of things to do here on my GF 's house, I've rebuilt the deck, painted it, made a new shelve in the back room and one in the front bedroom, put in two new kitchen light fixtures and wired in a new micro wave, and I filled in a bunch of low spots in the yard, lawn mowers much happier.:cool: I've put 7K on the bike since I been here and ate about a 1000lbs of seafood. I've read just about every thing there is to read here on SMC and the NAA mini forum.
So whats a guy to do for the next 4 weeks???

David Somers
09-05-2014, 12:06 PM
Bert!!!! Use Corel and draw up all kinds of things to lase on your new Rabbit!!!! In 4 weeks you should be able to draw up enough stuff to completely toast that new tube!!!! Start vectoring man!!!! Mouse up!!!! <grin>

Stuck in NH for 4 more weeks. Such torture!!! It is such an ugly and uninviting place to be. Especially in Autumn! Oh my!!! <grin>

Dan Hintz
09-05-2014, 1:46 PM
So whats a guy to do for the next 4 weeks???

You can come do all of that stuff to MY house :D

Bert Kemp
09-06-2014, 10:45 AM
Bert!!!! Use Corel and draw up all kinds of things to lase on your new Rabbit!!!! In 4 weeks you should be able to draw up enough stuff to completely toast that new tube!!!! Start vectoring man!!!! Mouse up!!!! <grin>

Stuck in NH for 4 more weeks. Such torture!!! It is such an ugly and uninviting place to be. Especially in Autumn! Oh my!!! <grin> Thanks Dave reminded me I haven't seen the fall foliage in 3 years think I can spend a few days riding the bike thru the mountains.:)

Bert Kemp
09-06-2014, 10:48 AM
Dan can I come play with your speedy 300:D:eek::rolleyes:
Oh and Dave I have been in corel almost every day, maybe I should grab a extra tube while at Rabbit LOL :p

Clark Pace
09-06-2014, 12:07 PM
I would contribute!

Jerome Stanek
09-06-2014, 1:14 PM
Oh and Dave I have been in corel almost every day, maybe I should grab a extra tube while at Rabbit LOL :p

don't get the extra tube as the warranty starts on the date stamped on it and some lose power sitting on a shelf. You can have one shipped overnite if you need one.

Bert Kemp
09-06-2014, 6:15 PM
don't get the extra tube as the warranty starts on the date stamped on it and some lose power sitting on a shelf. You can have one shipped overnite if you need one.Jerome I was poking fun at Dave as he suggested that I should do design work for the next 4 weeks and I'd have so much stuff to cut and engrave that I'd burn my tube up in a few weeks so I better get a spare LOL :)

Dan Hintz
09-06-2014, 6:22 PM

One hour of play for every two worked on the house... :D

Bert Kemp
09-07-2014, 12:51 PM
One hour of play for every two worked on the house... :D
Wow that's expensive laser time, considering my Carpenter, electrical, and landscaping skills.:rolleyes::eek:

Dan Hintz
09-07-2014, 8:51 PM
Wow that's expensive laser time, considering my Carpenter, electrical, and landscaping skills.:rolleyes::eek:

I'll go 1:1 for landscaping... lots of ideas, but I hate the heat... and the digging... and the mulching... and... and...