PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Error on RayJet 50

Alice Labaton
07-29-2014, 9:02 AM
So I just received my RayJet 50, started hooking it up last night and kept receiving this error: "No feedback from exhaust! Continue with engraving?"
I checked the exhaust and its hooked up and running, any ideas on whats going on? and if I push "OK" and have it engrave, is it dangerous?

Scott Shepherd
07-29-2014, 9:15 AM
What kind of exhaust do you have? My guess is that it's looking for the Atmos system they sell. If you don't have an Atmos system, and are just using a dust collector motor as the exhaust, it can't see that because it's not hooked up together, electronically. If you don't have the Atmos, and your exhaust is on, you're probably fine. If you do have the Atmos and it's not seeing it, then there's an issue.

If you don't have the Atmos system, there's normally a setting to change to suppress that warning.

Alice Labaton
07-29-2014, 9:25 AM
I purchased this exhaust -- http://www.harborfreight.com/13-gallon-industrial-portable-dust-collector-31810.html
Many people recommended it and I connected it to the RayJet with a hose.
Any idea which setting that would be?
Could it be that air is escaping between the machine and the hose? Or you think its fine...

Mike Null
07-29-2014, 10:03 AM
Alice

I'm quite sure that Steve is correct and you have nothing to worry about. Your machine is looking for the Atmos and not finding it.

If you smell odors then you may have a leak but your machine can't sense that.

Alice Labaton
07-29-2014, 10:07 AM
Thank Mike, any idea how to bypass the error? it pops up every time I hit print.

Scott Shepherd
07-29-2014, 10:10 AM
Thank Mike, any idea how to bypass the error? it pops up every time I hit print.

I don't know how to do that on the Rayjet. I know how to do it in the Job Control X side of things, but I think you use Commander or something like that and I have no knowledge of that program. It should be in a "settings" area or "Setup" and it should be a check box that says "Suppress warning" or something like that. Call tech support, they'll sort it out in seconds, where I'm just guessing.

Alice Labaton
07-29-2014, 10:25 AM
You're awesome Scott, thanks so much!!

Kristina Jones
07-29-2014, 2:19 PM
Hi Alice! Congrats on the new RayJet! Yes, Scott is correct, this error is popping up because the laser is not connected to an Atmos filtration system via a serial cable. Nothing to worry about. The way to turn this off is to right click on the MiniManager icon that is in your tray at the bottom right on your screen. Options should pop up as a menu choice and the controls for this are in there. If you need help locating it, please give the Tech Support team a call and they can walk you thru the process.

Alice Labaton
07-29-2014, 2:25 PM
Thanks so much Kristina and thanks for all your help on the purchase :).