PDA

View Full Version : Bubbles in My Laser tube

Brent Ramsay-Boyd
07-29-2014, 5:05 AM
Hi All

I have just replaced my tube, and after switching everything on, I am getting a few small bubbles stuck in my laser tube. I have tried to get them to shift, but with no luck. Is there anything that I can add to the water to stop the bubbles from sticking. I do not want to run the laser with the bubbles in, at the risk of damaging the tube.

Regards

Brent

walter hofmann
07-29-2014, 5:37 AM
hi brent
no there is nothing what you could add the only way to get the bubbles out a necessity is to loosen the tube holder and lift the tube careful on the exit side of the water with the pump running. sometimes turn the pump off and on again helps a bit.
greetings
waltfl

Brent Ramsay-Boyd
07-29-2014, 6:31 AM
Hi Walter

I have tried that. They seem to be pretty stubbornly stuck. I read somewhere that antifreeze may help. Do you know if it is good to put antifreeze in the cooler?

Regards

Brent

Ray Beaty
07-29-2014, 7:31 AM
Try pinching the in water tube or rotate the laser tube back and forth

George M. Perzel
07-29-2014, 7:39 AM
Walter;
USP grade proplyene glycol is better than anti-freeze-try 4 water to 1 glycol mix.
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Brent Ramsay-Boyd
07-29-2014, 7:54 AM
I have spent about an hour, pinching, raising and lowering, twisting the tube, and switching the cooler on and off, and still the bubbles remain.

Brent Ramsay-Boyd
07-29-2014, 8:01 AM
Thanks George. Where am I likely to find this. I live in South Africa, so it may not be as easily available.

George M. Perzel
07-29-2014, 8:08 AM
Brent;
Any chemical or bulk apothecary distributor
http://www.bulkapothecary.com/raw-ingredients/other-ingredients-and-chemicals/propylene-glycol/?gclid=CK3Q__W96r8CFSyCMgodi0UAhw
Best Regards,
GeorgeL
aserarts

Brent Ramsay-Boyd
07-29-2014, 8:09 AM
Ok Great. Thanks for the advise.

Bert Kemp
07-29-2014, 8:10 AM
If you can't find propylene glycol, anti freeze is fine, probably easier to find. if your determined to find propylene glycol you might ask at the local pharmacy .

walter hofmann
07-30-2014, 6:02 AM
Hi brent
check your hose connection if they are tight sometimes it comes with the water flow tiny little bubbles who then concentrate in the tube to bigger ones.
could it be that your tube has some settling in there what holds the bubble that was happen to me from antifreeze, if this is happen the only way to clean the tube accordance to the tube manufacturer is to disconnect the tube take it out fill it about 3/4 with 5% HCL and shake it6 back and forth and around then rinse it 3 to 4 times with distilled water till its clear again. I also would recommend replacing the water in the whole system with very good distilled water not the one you can buy in the store from a chemical company.
greetings
waltfl

Bill George
07-30-2014, 7:59 AM
If you can't find propylene glycol, anti freeze is fine, probably easier to find. if your determined to find propylene glycol you might ask at the local pharmacy .

I think the pink RV anti freeze is propylene glycol, its food grade and color will help you see the flow.
From Dow website : RV Antifreeze - This ready-to-use propylene glycol based formula winterizer is great for protecting RVs, boats, cottages and more

Ken Shea
07-30-2014, 9:57 AM
The RV Antifreeze is what I put in three years ago, not in use during all that time but still crystal clear, bubbles that form from setting dissipate completely and quickly, and its cheap :D

Kev Williams
07-30-2014, 11:09 AM
Air bubbles are caused by impurities in the water. 2 fixes to try without using antifreeze are:

1- do NOT get the water you're using from a water tap with an aerator, like the kitchen sink, use a water hose.

2- Best option, use distilled water. Get extra, it should flush the bubbles out...

Dan Hintz
07-30-2014, 12:11 PM
Air bubbles are caused by impurities in the water.

Air bubbles that seem to grow out of thin air...er, water... are caused by heavily aerated water. Minerals and other impurities may help increase the possible level of aeration, but they don't cause it. If you boil the water, then let it cool before putting it in your system, you should never see another air bubble grow again (barring leaks and such).