PDA

View Full Version : used cnc pricing?

eugene thomas
07-28-2014, 10:30 PM
I have latley been checking out getting cnc for my shop. I am thinking will keep my eyes open for used one but not sure how to determin value. I am thinking 48" by 48" is the best size for my needs, I could fix 4 by 8 in my shop but not really think if go new rought want to put out that much money. I have bought tools used in past and can come up with value but in this tool not sure.

thanks Eugene

Art Mann
07-29-2014, 10:27 AM
I have found that the good brands are selling at a large percentage of new price. Don't expect to get a machine anywhere near half price unless it is older or you are very lucky.

Mike Heidrick
07-29-2014, 6:21 PM
Really depends on the machine footprint and type, brand, motion type, overall condition, spindle type, ATC or manual bit change, construction material, table layout, controller type, number of axis, included options and included software and or vector art. Really a lot of variables in the machines.

eugene thomas
09-28-2014, 11:07 PM
well, the wait is almost over. ordered sr44 from camaster on August 7th and think will be delevered in next few days. Its crazy how fast price goes up when start setting up machine and softwear and all that. I went back and forth between shop bot and camaster but the idea of getting cnc and not having to put together kind of won out.

Bruce Page
09-29-2014, 1:08 AM
I think you'll like the SR44. The CAMaster is solidly built and has a great support forum.
Congrats!

dan nelson
09-29-2014, 8:32 PM
Eugene, if you need your camaster fix and want to take a trip south, were in palmyra, Wi. Come on down and play. We have a 4x8 camaster stinger III with a recoil lathe and vac hold down.Feel free to contact me about any questions you might have. Dan Nelson Nelsonwoodcrafters@yahoo.com