PDA

View Full Version : Awesome storm cloud at home

Ole Anderson
07-28-2014, 2:53 PM
We had a hail storm blow through yesterday while I was 5 miles away golfing. We had to take cover, but only got rain. At home the hail damaged my wife's car and broke a window in the room where she was knitting. The storm cloud pic was posted by Erica Sikma (credit where credit is due, taken on her husbands phone) on Michigan Emergency Weather Notification. I live on Duck Lake where the pic was taken. Not too many trees down, but a ton of leaves taken down by the hail were scattered all over the roads and lawns. The hailstones in my hand were gathered below the broken window 90 minutes after the storm passed.

Harold Burrell
07-28-2014, 3:05 PM
Wow!!! EEK!!!

Matt Meiser
07-28-2014, 3:11 PM
We had something like that roll through a few weeks ago. I was pretty scared for a good bit--LOTS of rotation in the clouds.

Andrew Joiner
07-28-2014, 3:12 PM
Wow, awesome cloud. I love mother nature. What amazing power.

Mike Chance in Iowa
07-28-2014, 3:46 PM
Very ominous!

Mark Bolton
07-28-2014, 4:24 PM
I live on a high ridge and absolutely love watching monster storms roll in.. But something about that one just makes me not want to see it. Unreal.

Raymond Fries
07-28-2014, 10:07 PM
Reminds me of the size of dust storms I saw when I watch the Dust Bowl.

Glad everyone is OK?

Grant Wilkinson
07-29-2014, 10:08 AM
I do believe that the only time that I want to see a cloud like that is sitting here in Ottawa looking at your picture. I'm glad that your wife wasn't hurt.

Myk Rian
07-29-2014, 11:59 AM
That storm and another one converged right over our heads. It wasn't until the second wave of storms, that the siren sounded. A little late I would think.