PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with the links? (Resolved)

Rob Littleton
07-04-2005, 7:04 PM
Hey guys,

whenever someone puts the word love or car in the message body, I get those words in blue as a hyperlink and when I click on them, it takes me off to a site I dont care for. Any ideas? Is it just me?

John Miliunas
07-04-2005, 7:14 PM
Whew! That's a new one on me! Sounds like you may have been "had" by some piece of malware or such, Rob. :( Do you run any anti-spyware apps? If not, try Adaware and Spybot and Spyware blaster and Microsoft's own AntiSpyware Beta 1.:cool:

Ian Abraham
07-04-2005, 7:22 PM
Yup.. seen that one before

Spyware :mad:

Check out the software that John M mentioned or get a competent techie to have a look at it. Good luck

Ian

Aaron Koehl
07-05-2005, 12:15 AM
Yeah Rob, definitely not the site here. You have adware running on your machine-- try Microsoft AntiSpyware or Spybot, or something along those lines as a first hack against it.

Tom LaRussa
07-10-2005, 2:06 PM
If not, try Adaware and Spybot and Spyware blaster and Microsoft's own AntiSpyware Beta 1.:cool:

Spyware Guard is another one that's a good idea to have running in the background.

If none of the above works, you'll have to go to http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/index.html, download a program called "Hijack This", install it, then go to the support forums at that same site. A bunch of volunteers there take turns helping people disinfect their computers. But try all the stuff John mentioned first.

Good luck.

Rob Littleton
07-11-2005, 12:00 AM
Thanks y'all