PDA

View Full Version : Need a thing-a-ma-jig hinge

Dennis Putnam
07-27-2014, 12:16 PM
I don't know the name of it so I will describe it and maybe someone can tell me what kind of hinge to query. My attempts to find it brings up hundreds too many to try and find the one I want. I need a hinge for a small door that will flip up. I've seen these hinges but I don't know what to ask for. The are thin rotating hinges that attach to the side wall and side of the door panel (with the hinge part between the two) at the top (or bottom for drop down) so when lifted at the bottom the door raises up and out to a horizontal position. TIA.

ray hampton
07-27-2014, 1:17 PM
I do not know this hinge name but I will be watching this post to learn

scott vroom
07-27-2014, 1:20 PM
I don't know the name of it so I will describe it and maybe someone can tell me what kind of hinge to query. My attempts to find it brings up hundreds too many to try and find the one I want. I need a hinge for a small door that will flip up. I've seen these hinges but I don't know what to ask for. The are thin rotating hinges that attach to the side wall and side of the door panel (with the hinge part between the two) at the top (or bottom for drop down) so when lifted at the bottom the door raises up and out to a horizontal position. TIA.

When you say they attach to the side of the door do you mean the door edge? Not the face of the door? Do they hold the door open?

Jerry Miner
07-27-2014, 1:36 PM
Like a knife hinge?

knife hinge (http://www.rockler.com/woodworking/Knife-Hinge)

Maybe we need a better description

Dennis Putnam
07-27-2014, 1:54 PM
That's it. Knife hinge. Thanks.