PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Laser X Y axis issue

Lee Tincher
07-25-2014, 12:33 PM
Please help.
I have a Chinese laser and I changed out the flashback in the power supply. I've had to do this before when I notice that the laser engraving is starting to fall off. When I did it this time I made the mistake and did not notice that the power cable came off the end of the tube before testing it. When I tested it it made a pop notice and as soon as that happened I hit the EOS and checked it. I reattached the cable and used silicone to attach it.
When I tested it again the laser is work fine but the X Y axis is not moving. The step motors have power to them cause I can not manually move the arm when the power is on. But when I try to send a file to the laser the laser fired but there is no movement.
I replaced the RDLC320 board and control panel thinking that maybe I shorted it out. But with the new one installed it still does the same thing, no X Y axis movement. I am unable to move the x y axis with the directional controls as well.

Please any help to know why my axis movement is not working would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Lee Tincher
07-28-2014, 6:28 PM
Please help.
I have a Chinese laser and I changed out the flashback in the power supply. I've had to do this before when I notice that the laser engraving is starting to fall off. When I did it this time I made the mistake and did not notice that the power cable came off the end of the tube before testing it. When I tested it it made a pop notice and as soon as that happened I hit the EOS and checked it. I reattached the cable and used silicone to attach it.
When I tested it again the laser is work fine but the X Y axis is not moving. The step motors have power to them cause I can not manually move the arm when the power is on. But when I try to send a file to the laser the laser fired but there is no movement.
I replaced the RDLC320 board and control panel thinking that maybe I shorted it out. But with the new one installed it still does the same thing, no X Y axis movement. I am unable to move the x y axis with the directional controls as well.

Please any help to know why my axis movement is not working would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Anyone have any ideas on this
the X and Y axis is running on 2 3ND582 drivers.
I have checked the voltage coming out of the Control board to the drivers and there is a change when I push the directional controls and there is a change, but there is no change coming out of the driver to the stepper motors.

Kev Williams
07-28-2014, 8:03 PM
I'm not sure what your X and Y control boxes look like, but mine have green LED lights that come on whenever they move. If yours has lights, try sending a job to the machine, turn the laser off then hit start and watch the lights- if they're coming on as if the axis's WERE moving, that *may* indicate they getting the correct input signal. If that's the case, then either there's no output to the steppers, or the motors are damaged. If there's no lights, then it's a good bet the stepper boxes aren't getting an input signal.

However, the XY boxes should getting a signal based on your voltage tests. Therefore, if during a test run there's no lights on the boxes and you know there's voltage input, that *may* indicate your YX boxes may have been damaged...

Lee Tincher
07-28-2014, 8:26 PM
There is a red and green LED light on the box. When I turn the machine on it goes from red to green and then stays green no matter what I do.

Bill George
07-29-2014, 6:57 AM
You need to find the documentation on your controller and driver boards. My guess since the HV lead was off the tube and it arced to ground, as I am understanding correctly part of the voltage fed back via the ground into your electronics. Might have taken some wiring or other electronics out other than your controller.