PDA

View Full Version : PhotoGrav 3.0 and Adding New Materials

Bill George
07-23-2014, 3:45 PM
Running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and installed 3.0 version of Photograv. Have downloaded the file for adding new Materials, in this case 12 new Woods. Copied the BMP files to the Materials folder and the other file pg.mtl to the root directory of Photograv both files are in the proper place and the BMP's are showing the wood images.

Needless to say I would not be posting here if it worked. A email to PG support yields the advice to do as above.
The next suggestion was un-install and re-install the software... which did not work.

Suggestions from users of the software?

Bill George
07-23-2014, 6:19 PM
Problem solved by me. Deleted the mtl file in the root of Photograv and it still ran?? Turned out there was an old pg.mtl file that was found by windows Search in the Documents area, once that was deleted and a new copy fresh from the UnZip file folder put into the Photograv root directory, all is well.

Bill Stearns
07-23-2014, 7:04 PM
Bill G -
Shoot! I was just 'bout ready to help out ... ! (rare enough that I can.) 'Least I now have the additional/new wood parameters in my PhotoGraV file - thanks. Had a pickle of a time finding where PhotograV was located in my programs - turns out it was in another sub folder called ImageLaZ. ???? BTW: I appear to have version 3.01 of PhotoGraV - 'though the folder still shows 3.0.
Terrific software - just needs to be 'little more user-friendly. Anyway, glad you solved your issue ...

Bill

Bill George
07-23-2014, 7:22 PM
Bill I do not have a clue as to how that other file got into the Documents file folder. It had to be from the initial install of PG, but remember this is a 32 bit Windows XP program that runs in Windows 7 and mine is 64 bit. They might have copied files in the past to the Documents area and that function never got deleted.
In any event its solved. Hope this helps the next guy but I was told NO One ever has had a problem before. I think, sure... haven't I heard this before?