PDA

View Full Version : Granite Supplier

Steve McKee
07-16-2014, 6:34 PM
Hello all. I have a customer looking for a piece of Granite to use as a memorial marker. They said they would like it to be 6 x 6 x 2. I looked at Laser Sketch's website but didn't see anything that size. I may be overlooking it, I find their site a bit hard to read. Does anyone know where I could get a piece this size? Does 2 inches thick seem extreme, should I suggest 1 inch?

Thanks,
Steve

Dan Hintz
07-16-2014, 8:00 PM
A good marble/granite countertop supply place should be able to get you something like that...

Joe Pelonio
07-16-2014, 10:03 PM
You need to establish a wholesale business relationship with a local fabricator that does kitchen counters. They often have plenty of scraps and can make whatever you want. I was lucky and had one in the same
business park as my shop, just had to walk two doors down.

Steve McKee
07-17-2014, 9:20 AM
Thanks Dan and Joe, I'll check into that.

Steve

Terry Wade
07-17-2014, 12:04 PM
Check with the local Granite countertop folks in your area, I get pieces of granite and marble all the time quite a bit larger than your talking about except the thickness is going to be around 1 1/8" - 1 1/4" thick. Never have seen anything in the scrap pile thicker. And for me the price has been free for a year now. Only thing is if I'm looking for a particular color or size it may take a few trips to find what I'm looking for.