PDA

View Full Version : Help with Photo using EngraveLab

Wayne Grecco
07-15-2014, 10:10 PM
To all,

I received a copy of EngraveLab Photo Laser Plus v9 with my Epilog when I bought it approx. 1.5 yrs ago. I never set it up until today. I have a job for a customer that I need to engrave a photo on a wooden urn, so I thought I would process the photo using EngraveLab. When I changed the photo using the built in filters, it seemed to work ok to change the photo but when I went to export the image to use in Corel (I use Corel to run my laser), I cant find an export function in the software! I also do not have it set up to print to my Epilog.

I tried calling CADLINK for tech support today but they told me because I waited so long to set it up, that it would cost $75 for a tech support call!

Is there anyone that can tell me how to export the image to a Corel file so I can print from Corel to my Laser? Or is there someone willing to convert the file for me? I have it saved in the .CDL file that EngraveLab uses.

Any help would GREATLY be appreciated!

It will not allow me to upload the CDL file to attach to this message and I don't know why

Mike Null
07-16-2014, 8:00 AM
You can save it as a pdf and open in Corel. You can also upload a PDF to SawMill Creek but not a CDL.

I think there may be a plug-in in Engravlab for Corel as well.

I would just do it in PhotoPaint. I find it more user friendly than Engravlab. (mine is for engraving and is not the same program)

Wayne Grecco
07-16-2014, 2:24 PM
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply... The problem is I cant even save it from Engavelab to a PDF. It does not give me any save/export options and I don't know why! Here is a screen shot of what it gives me

Tony Lenkic
07-16-2014, 3:53 PM
Wayne,

Why not send to laser directly from EngraveLab. Once you have your image processed you can print to laser from EngraveLab, no need to bring it back to Corel.

Wayne Grecco
07-16-2014, 4:41 PM
Hi Tony,

I have NO IDEA how to get it set up with my laser and tech support wants to charge me $75 for a tech support call

Mike Null
07-16-2014, 4:44 PM
Wayne

I assume you're talking about Cadlink tech support not Epilog. Give Epilog a call.

Wayne Grecco
07-16-2014, 4:49 PM
Mike,
Yes I was referring to Cadlink for the tech call. I actually have been on hold for 45 minutes with Epilog as I type this waiting for tech support for another issue. I didn't think Epilog would be willing to help me with a software that isn't theirs

Tony Lenkic
07-16-2014, 4:57 PM
Wayne,

Check out this clip on youtube and follow instructions to get there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urrl-ITQYx8

Bill George
07-16-2014, 5:16 PM
Hi Tony,

I have NO IDEA how to get it set up with my laser and tech support wants to charge me $75 for a tech support call
There wasn't any documentation with the program?