PDA

View Full Version : Microplane Customer Service outstanding!

Peggie Roland
07-03-2005, 1:10 PM
Recently there has been discussion about a new product line from Microplane. Along with others here, I tried the items, had questions and concerns, and posted my experience. After he read this message board, I was contacted directly by the Chad Edelen, Division Manager. He answered ALL my questions promptly and honestly and he went to great length to assure my satisfaction. Indeed, there's no question I'll continue to endorse and use their products.http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowyes.gif

Customer service will keep folks going back and this company has met and exceeded my expectations. Know all of you will have the same experience!

Happy Birthday <!--color-->, America :cool: <!--color-->

Carl Eyman
07-03-2005, 10:10 PM
It was I that started the thread. That was before I had tried the discs. As I said then I'd had good results with the hand tools and drum. I've now tried the discs and have found them useless. I may be doing something wrong, but the holes clog up and they don't cut any more. What am I doing wrong?

Peggie Roland
07-04-2005, 9:23 AM
I, too, was trying the sanding disks but unfortunately they did not work well. I found them to be much more aggressive than I anticipated. The wood was gouged and the clogging on the fine was extensive. I did not use the others long enough to experience clogging but did have other problems.
After discussing the issues with Chad Edelen, Div Mgr, (and he was most receptive of my input) I understand the coarse is actually intended to be closer to planing than sanding. The engineers are working on the experiences of several woodworkers to make the results more as intended and to correct a problem with the velcro. Having discussed all this (he even asked my opinion re: packaging info & details to include) with Mr. Edelen and read experiences of others here and on other boards I know we're not doing anything wrong (and how quick I am, also, to think it's me and not the tool)
Despite what happened, I'm looking forward to trying the disks again. I like all their handtools and drums. And again, I couldn't be more pleased with the customer service. (Imagine my amazement when I found an email from Mr. Edelen sent within an hour of my posting.) Though you may not have purchased them direct from Microplane I believe they may be able to help if you contact the Customer Service at Microplane. Contact info:
http://www.microplane.com/
RETURN POLICY
If you are not completely satisfied with this MicroplaneŽ product for any reason, please return it for exchange or merchandise credit. A copy of the customer receipt must accompany all returns. A refund will be issued only to the original credit card.

RETURN ITEMS TO THIS ADDRESS:

Microplane
614 SR 247
Russellville, AR 72802

If you have any questions about our return policy, please call us at (800) 555-2767,
8:00 a.m. CST - 5:00 p.m. CST, Monday - Friday

Chad Edelen
07-05-2005, 9:37 AM
Carl,

What kind of wood were you sanding on when the teeth clogged? We have a theory as to what is causing it, but I'm not getting a lot of feedback that shows people are experiencing it in great numbers. We are working on a solution to this problem, and hopefully in the very near future we will have it ready. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it is very hard (even with the extensive testing that we have done) for us to predict how the sandpaper will respond to all the different types of wood.

Call or email me and we can discuss. Thanks, Chad Edelen

Peggie Roland
07-05-2005, 12:12 PM
Carl,
Geeze, that man is fast! I was going to let you know I heard from Chad but he's already gotten in touch with you. But he passed on some (at least for me as I have some nasty old stock to clean up) good news:
"I've got a new version of the coarse disc out already. It starts shipping today. It has much stronger teeth (still as sharp) with a little different tooth pattern. What you get is still the aggressiveness of a 40 grit sandpaper, but a much better finish than our other version produced. It is also much easier to control, and if pressure is applied, the teeth won't break and it doesn't gouge the wood."

I'm going to give them another try. Have a good day.
Peggie