PDA

View Full Version : Preparing photos for Laser Engraving with Core lPaint

Roger Lueck
07-15-2014, 12:17 AM
Several months ago I found an older thread about preparing photos for laser engraving using Corel Paint. One of the responses included a definite sequence in which to prepare photos for laser engraving using Corel Paint. There were not many steps involved (6 or 7, maybe a couple more) and they were listed clearly in the order in which they should be performed beginning with converting a vector file to a bit map and using error diffusion near the end of the process.

I've searched and searched with no luck finding that thread/response. I know I could buy Photograv, but for the few times I engrave a photo, I can't justify the $395.00 AND the sequence in that thread was easy to use and the results were very good.

I know my description is pretty weak, but I'm hoping someone will remember that thread or a similar thread and reply.

Dan Hintz
07-15-2014, 5:58 AM
Search for the "Gold Method"... should provide enough info to use with CorelPaint.

Bill George
07-15-2014, 7:32 AM
Link but its not on here> http://www.engravingconcepts.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=20&Itemid=67

Roger Lueck
07-16-2014, 12:19 AM
Dan & Bill, thank you for your responses, I found it!
Roger