PDA

View Full Version : Reconditioned festool sale....WAHOOO!!

Peter Quinn
07-14-2014, 1:11 PM
Got an email this morning, festool is having a reconditioned tool sale, don't ever recall seeing that before. I've been meaning to get a new ETS125, my old one has that tired feel, can't think of a better time. Does festool regularly have reconditioned tool sales? Seems like a good time to get a festool at a reduced price.

Peter Kelly
07-14-2014, 1:41 PM
http://www.festoolusa.com/power-tools/reconditioned/

eugene thomas
07-14-2014, 1:49 PM
Looks like stuff is going fast. This morning had long list of vacume now slim picking.

Robert LaPlaca
07-14-2014, 2:10 PM
Got an email this morning, festool is having a reconditioned tool sale, don't ever recall seeing that before. I've been meaning to get a new ETS125, my old one has that tired feel, can't think of a better time. Does festool regularly have reconditioned tool sales? Seems like a good time to get a festool at a reduced price.

Is believe this is the second or third time I have personally seen the reconditioned sale.. During one of the prior sales they also had reconditioned Kapex mitre saws..

Silas Smith
07-14-2014, 3:12 PM
I would recommend staying with the 20% off tools. My friend and I both bought a bunch of tools at the last sale and everything 20% looked brand new but the 30% were fairly beat up. For example, my TS55 turned out to be 7 years old and had significant signs of wear. It ran just fine, but at that price, an extra 10% would have been worth it just for resale value alone.

Peter Quinn
07-14-2014, 4:49 PM
I got a 20% ETS 125, seemed like a good value, had plans to replace my present ES125 with a Ceros, but at that price the equation changed and I'm re upping my commitment to festool sanding. Plus, I have a lot of 8 hole festool paper. I got a twitch looking at the recon domino, but no real need presently given other ways to get that done. And I just bought a new Fein vac or I'd probably own a festool vac now too.

Michael Heffernan
07-14-2014, 8:53 PM
Who has recon festool power tools for sale? Can't to seem to find any online. Checked Bob Marino, Tools for Working Wood, Woodcraft, etc. Don't see any links or listings for the discounted tools.

Dave Zellers
07-14-2014, 8:57 PM
Who has recon festool power tools for sale? Can't to seem to find any online. Checked Bob Marino, Tools for Working Wood, Woodcraft, etc. Don't see any links or listings for the discounted tools.
That was my experience too. I just gave up- wasn't worth the time and effort.

kent borcherding
07-14-2014, 9:08 PM
IMHO can not understand purchasing the recon Festools at 10 - 30% . doesn't include rails and case , no return and only a years warranty not transferable.

Buying new you have a 30 day return and a 3 year transferable warranty , if for some reason decide to sell the tool.

Bill Orbine
07-14-2014, 10:16 PM
IMHO can not understand purchasing the recon Festools at 10 - 30% . doesn't include rails and case , no return and only a years warranty not transferable.

Buying new you have a 30 day return and a 3 year transferable warranty , if for some reason decide to sell the tool.

I agree completely... recons are mostly a joke deal! Stick with the new or buy 'em used on ebay or classifieds! And let's not forget, Festool has their occasional sale from time to time.

Matthew Hills
07-14-2014, 11:12 PM
I agree completely... recons are mostly a joke deal! Stick with the new or buy 'em used on ebay or classifieds!
Seems like the used price on craigslist aren't any better than the recon deals.

Matt

Vijay Kumar
07-15-2014, 12:26 AM

I agree completely. You give up 2 years of warrantee. pay sales tax , there goes your 10 % savings. ( i know you are supposed to pay sales tax , so please no lectures). Plus if you buy a battery tool, you get only 1 year of warrantee instead of 3 and here it does matter, as batteries have a limited life.

Peter Quinn
07-15-2014, 6:13 AM

Sander doesn't need rails, does come with case. So do the saws, in fact each item specifies which type of sustainer it comes in. Doesn't say "no rails" on the saws, but doesn't say they are included either. Bob Marino does sell them, most festool dealers can choose to participate, but you have to pick up that old crusty thing with the key pad and speak into it...think its called a telephone? I could see some of the tools being less advantageous than others as recon. Warranty? Never needed them on any of the festools I've owned or used, never seen one go down that early, so thats not keeping me up nights either. 30 day return? I have no intentions of returning this, selling it, or giving it away. Its a good point though, their marketing had the suggestion "If you have been thinking of getting your first festool now is the time" when in fact this is probably the worst deal for the unsure purchaser for the reasons you noted above. For me? 20% off, I'm paying tax anyway cause I buy them from the local guy normally (who is not participating), tax in CT is 6% so I'm still 14% ahead. I guess its like any business, they set the price, see if its gives enough incentive to move the inventory, make adjustments as necessary. I'll gladly trade the warranty and what I consider the useless to me return policy for a lower price. Plus my accounting department loves a sale for reasons I'll never understand, so its easier to get through purchasing at this time!

Silas Smith
07-15-2014, 11:55 AM
In the last sale, everything that originally came with the tool was included. In my case I got a systainer and rail for my TS55 and my ETS 150 came with a systainer as well as a variety pack of sanding disks. My dust collection even came with a 5 pack of new bags! I don't know if that has changed this time but there literally was no difference between the 20% off tools and new. Shipping was free and I don't remember paying tax on the tools since I ordered them from Bob M., who is in a different state. They were delivered out of the Indianapolis hub (about an hour from my house) so they got here pretty quickly. In all I was very satisfied with everything but the 30% off tools.

Bill Orbine
07-15-2014, 2:46 PM
Seems like the used price on craigslist aren't any better than the recon deals.

Matt

True.....The really good deals are few and far in between, but they do show up! I did forget to mention the Festool does have sales on new tools from time to time. It's all good if you are patient...sometimes you're not and you've got forgo the good deals to take care of business.

Peter Quinn
07-16-2014, 10:04 AM
In the last sale, everything that originally came with the tool was included. In my case I got a systainer and rail for my TS55 and my ETS 150 came with a systainer as well as a variety pack of sanding disks. My dust collection even came with a 5 pack of new bags! I don't know if that has changed this time but there literally was no difference between the 20% off tools and new. Shipping was free and I don't remember paying tax on the tools since I ordered them from Bob M., who is in a different state. They were delivered out of the Indianapolis hub (about an hour from my house) so they got here pretty quickly. In all I was very satisfied with everything but the 30% off tools.

Bob M told me I'd probably be paying tax because the tools are coming directly from Festool and they have distribution in my state. Every state is trying hard to get whatever tax they can via mail-order and internet sales, mine has been quite successful at it. Of course if its not included I'll make out that check directly and send it to all states involved, probably have to pay NJ, CT, and where ever it ships from too.....:rolleyes:. Might cost me $300 in accountant fees to pay that $7 tax bill split 3 ways, but it seems worth it to be a diligent citizen. :eek: I'm pretty sure bureaucracy is the enemy of democracy. Not sure until I get the bill, no mention of free shipping this time but that would be a nice surprise.

Jim Becker
07-18-2014, 8:35 PM
Yea, I wish I had the bucks right now to scarf the Domino I covet, but alas...not going to happen right now... :(

Wade Lippman
07-18-2014, 10:23 PM
I ignored this because I was hoping the overpriced tool I don't need anyhow would just go away. But it is still there.
How do I buy it? That just isn't clear.

Jay Runde
07-19-2014, 1:09 AM
I ignored this because I was hoping the overpriced tool I don't need anyhow would just go away. But it is still there.
How do I buy it? That just isn't clear.

You can buy from the dealers listed on the link in the first paragraph of this page (http://www.festoolusa.com/where-to-buy/) that says "participating Festool authorized dealers". From what I understand, you probably have to call them.

Peter Quinn
07-19-2014, 7:17 PM
Sander came in quick, tax charged, no shipping far as I can figure, brand new systainer, new pad on sander, sander looks new except chord which has slightest hint of dust around the twist lock, came with a sand paper variety pack. I'm a happy customer, nice quiet sander well below current new cost for same item.