PDA

View Full Version : Pint Glass template help?

Chris Sattes
07-10-2014, 5:59 PM
Hello all,
I've been trying to make a template for Corel that I can use to engrave front and back using my rotary tool. The glass is 6" high and around it is 11". It comes in at a very slight angle, but I don't think that would matter? It seems like everything I make is too far to the left or right. Attached is a screen shot of what I have been trying. one logo to the left and text to the right, with the middle line being center of 11 inches.

So frustrated, any help would be appreciated!

Dan Hintz
07-10-2014, 7:11 PM
Your page should be 11" high. From the page centerline, your logo centerlines should be +/- 1/4 of the page height.

Make sure your page height is actually your cup's circumference... if it's not, you'll squish/squash your image.

Bill George
07-11-2014, 9:00 AM
Dan, You need to write a book on Laser techniques.

Dan Hintz
07-11-2014, 4:24 PM
Dan, You need to write a book on Laser techniques.

No, I need to finish the book... started several years ago, but it's difficult to find time to work on it with everything else going on in my life. Either way, the book would basically be for posterity, not money... it would have to hit the New York Times Bestseller List before I would make enough money to forego all else and write it full time.

Michele Welch
07-12-2014, 3:13 PM
No, I need to finish the book... started several years ago, but it's difficult to find time to work on it with everything else going on in my life. Either way, the book would basically be for posterity, not money... it would have to hit the New York Times Bestseller List before I would make enough money to forego all else and write it full time.

Well, I'm sure there are several of us who would be willing to proofread it for free just to gain your vast amount of knowledge :)

John Bion
07-12-2014, 3:28 PM
Well, I'm sure there are several of us who would be willing to proofread it for free .....:confused:

Now Michele, your not going to succeed in business like that, you need to learn to bargain, proofreaders don’t come cheap, moreover, you will ruin the Proofreader Supply side of the Market and they will not be able to feed their kids............Dan, I will swap you my vast proofreading skills for your knowledge, plus two weeks hands on training, plus 6 months on call telephone help.....plus.......oh shucks, I think Michele has already blown the deal:D

Michele Welch
07-13-2014, 9:29 PM
Sorry John, my grandma always told me "Knowledge is power and sometimes getting the knowledge for free is worth it in the end".