PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help

Terry Wade
07-09-2014, 9:28 PM
I ordered the Shenhui SH-G350 laser and received it yesterday. I opened up the crate and everything looked great and in one piece. I've gone through the manual and hooked everything up as instructed. I would like to change the language on the display from Chinese to English but haven't been able to figure that out yet. And when I tried to do a test fire of the laser, I get 1 beep followed by 3 beeps after I push the pulse button and no burn on the tape. Where am I going wrong? I really need this to work for me.

Thanks.....Terry Wade T's Engraving, llc kind of lost right now. :confused:

Bill George
07-09-2014, 9:43 PM
I would remove the covers, and the one covering the tube and check for loose connections. With the power off please. Are you sure you have water flow and it's connected to the correct voltage?

Robert Walters
07-09-2014, 9:51 PM
"Man-machine interface supports three languages.

When the system is idle, press "Language" key,

enter the language selection interface, there are three languages: "Simplified Chinese", "Traditional Chinese" and "English",

select the language and press the "Enter" key,
then the LCD will display the appropriate language.

Not modified in the next language, the language selected last time will be effective permanent before changing language next time.(even restart the machine). "

Michael Reilly
07-09-2014, 10:45 PM
When I got my galvo, the shutter was closed on the Synrad laser that was in it. Had to take the panel off to get to it. Luckily it had LED lights that I could read to the support person and he immediately knew the lack of a blue light meant the shutter was closed. But I assume yours is a glass tube laser, so I don't know if that would have a shutter.

Terry Wade
07-09-2014, 11:38 PM
As much as I can tell the voltage is set for 110 which is what I have for power. When I looked inside it appears that it automatically senses whether it is hooked up to 110 or 220. It also looks to me that I have good water flow through the tube. The language on my display is Chinese and when I hit the Z/U button to get to the menu screen I cant find any choice that allows me to select English for my language. Also I guess I'm going to need to download the program so I can open a RAR file.

Terry Wade.......T's Engraving, llc

Julian Ashcroft
07-10-2014, 2:08 AM
On my 350 to get to the language selection I press Z/U then one press of the up button should take you to language, press that and and in my sub menu it goes from top: Simplify, Tradition, English, French, so two presses of the down button should take you to English, press enter and that should be it.

3 beeps sounds like no water circulation. I had that when I first got my machine. I just gave the sensor a slight tap with the handle of a screwdriver, maybe their was an air bubble in it, but it's worked fine since. Always a good idea to check all electrical connectors before starting up the machine for the first time.

No doubt your mirrors will need slight adjusting too, mine did.

Dan Hintz
07-10-2014, 7:09 AM
3 beeps sounds like no water circulation. I had that when I first got my machine. I just gave the sensor a slight tap with the handle of a screwdriver, maybe their was an air bubble in it, but it's worked fine since. Always a good idea to check all electrical connectors before starting up the machine for the first time.

Make sure the one-way valves are oriented properly... seems like a common assembly/manufacturing mistake on these machines to put them in backwards.

Terry Wade
07-10-2014, 12:45 PM
I have finally gotten past the language issue by searching you tube. Dan, I looked at the flow sensor and it was in backwards so I reversed that and now the water error I was getting is gone. I have looked at the wiring and everything appears to be good and tight but when I push the pulse button I'm still not getting anything. Do I need to set the settings or is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks Guys, Terry Wade.......T's Engraving, llc

Bill George
07-10-2014, 12:59 PM
I really doubt if its got voltage autoset its going to be one or the other. The fact your flow sensor was hooked up wrong was not a good sign. When you press the laser button does the milliamp meter needle move at all?

Terry Wade
07-10-2014, 1:05 PM
Bill, this machine doesn't have a milliamp meter. All is has is the LCD display. I will look at the voltage again but I think it is an auto-set.

Bill George
07-10-2014, 2:33 PM
Bill, this machine doesn't have a milliamp meter. All is has is the LCD display. I will look at the voltage again but I think it is an auto-set.

What does the nameplate on the machine say for voltage? It would be nice to have a milliamp meter wonder why it does not have one installed? Does the machine have a door switch? Mine was bad and even after adjustment it would not work, needless to say its now bypassed.
The laser power supply on mine has a selector 110/220 volt.

Terry Wade
07-10-2014, 2:50 PM
Bill, it calls for 110V and when I open the cover where the switch is for 110 or 220 it is set on 110V so it isn't auto-select like I first thought. There isn't any kind of door switch in place that I can see. Still a little lost, but still trying to figure it out. I'm sure that eventually I get it figured out, I always have in the past.

Bill George
07-10-2014, 5:46 PM
Terry my door switch was a magnet in the door right side, and the electronic reed switch was located just under the magnet when it was closed. No indications or anything, it would just not fire sometimes. Or might need to set the laser power level before you get any indications of what the tube is doing. I had care fully removed my tube cover and I could reach the laser button with one hand and watch the tube fire at the same time.

Terry Wade
07-10-2014, 6:24 PM
Ok guys one thing I'm seeing is that on the control panel when the unit is powered up the #14 light is flashing. The #15 light stays lit. the #1,2 & 3 lights flash as it goes through the start-up sequence. Does anyone know what the #14 light flashing would mean?

Julian Ashcroft
07-10-2014, 6:29 PM
Have you checked your mirror alignment to make sure the laser is actually finding it's way?

Terry Wade
07-10-2014, 6:42 PM
Julian, When I push the pulse button I do not see anything happening inside the laser tube. I was getting a water error before I found that water sensor was installed backwards and I reversed it. For all that I can see the wiring connections to the tube look good and I just would have thought that I would be able to see the tube light up if it were working.

Julian Ashcroft
07-11-2014, 2:21 AM
Does it light up? Not sure if mine does, but the laser light is invisible.

Bill George
07-11-2014, 8:06 AM
Does it light up? Not sure if mine does, but the laser light is invisible.

Wrong. You can see the tube light up.

Terry I realize the Chinese documentation on the entire laser is nearly useless, but take the Model number off your controller and do a Google. If you can find the docs just on that controller, it might tell you what those lights mean.

Bill George
07-13-2014, 12:08 PM
You must have it working and are busy learning what it will do.

Terry Wade
07-13-2014, 8:13 PM
No unfortunately it is not working yet. I'm in contact with the folks in China and trying to figure it out. I sent emails to the folks I purchased from as well as the manufacturer of the controller. I have had response from the seller but not from the controller folks yet. I have a feeling that there is something wrong with the controller, I don't think that the #14 light is supposed to be flashing after you power up, I feel like it's telling me something isn't right but I haven't been able to find out what it is indicating yet. I really do wish it was working I have so many ideas for items I want to make and things I would like to try. I would imagine that when I do get it running I will have a few very late nights messing around with it.

Bill George
07-13-2014, 8:42 PM
Too bad you can not find documentation on the controller, it would be faster than waiting for a Chinese tech to get back to you in English.

Terry Wade
07-16-2014, 10:30 AM
Well we have gone through a few e-mails and tried a couple things that the seller wanted me try with no success. Based on the results they have decided that the laser tube is defective and they are going to send me a new one, so when the new one gets here and I can change it out and test it I'll keep you posted as to how it goes.