View Full Version : entertainlent cabinet cable organizers solutions?

eugene thomas
07-08-2014, 11:18 PM
I am building a entertainment cabinet that will be 62" long. 25" high, and 26 inches deep. the back will be recessed into the cabinet 4.5 inches to alow for cabels.. will have 2 computers, sterio equipment and tv on top of cabinet so would like to organize the wires that will be in the back opening. just wondering what others use.

Jamie Buxton
07-09-2014, 12:12 AM
Velcro tie-wraps. Inexpensive, and easily changed.

Also, with that much equipment, you're going to need lots of cooling air. So don't nearly-seal the cabinet, and poke holes just big enough for cables to get through. Big holes are good.

Shawn Pixley
07-09-2014, 12:17 AM
If I were doing mine again, I would get the slide-out spinning racks. Afterwards I label cords and velcro together. There are some little plastic clips that you screw to the back of shelves and run cable through.

Larry Fox
07-09-2014, 8:47 AM
I agree with others on the velcro option, you can buy it cheaply at HD in rolls and cut to desired length. I replied to this thread mostly to advise you to make the cable pas-through holes as big as your design allows for. I recently completed a corner cabinet and only drilled the holes 1.5" and they are way too small when cables are installed and you need to fish a plug through. Easily enough room for the cables but it is the plugs!

Myk Rian
07-09-2014, 10:13 AM
Corrugated wire loom

Keith Hankins
07-10-2014, 11:02 AM
I like the wire looms as well, but if you need to control pathways, then the cheapest way i found was tie-wraps with eye-holes built in for small screws. I use these when wiring and they are the best. I've used them for PEX piping managment as well.