PDA

View Full Version : Appropo of nothing

Shawn Pixley
07-07-2014, 11:06 PM
For the audiophiles, musicians, and music lovers out there. Saw this today and it made me smile...

Mark P. Miller
07-08-2014, 12:32 AM
That is awesome. "Sustain" cracked me up. What is the original source of the image?

Dan Hintz
07-08-2014, 5:44 AM
Dissonance was my favorite...

Joe Tilson
07-08-2014, 8:16 AM
I like compression!

Patrick McCarthy
07-08-2014, 9:37 AM
Analog compared to digital, but I am an old vinyl guy so I may not be totally objective.

Shawn, how is the neck surgery recovery coming along? I hope very well.

Shawn Pixley
07-08-2014, 12:06 PM
Analog compared to digital, but I am an old vinyl guy so I may not be totally objective.

Shawn, how is the neck surgery recovery coming along? I hope very well.

Patrick, thanks for the thought. Recovery is going well. I am working on getting totally off the pain killers. Yesterday I didn't need one until about 5:30 PM. I am able to do some work in the shop and I can walk the dog, etc...

I am not yet allowed to drive and sudden stops and "jarring actions" are still painful. I am not supposed to carry anything over 10 lbs. If I turn my head quickly, it is very painfull. I would like to do more things than I am yet allowed (run, exercise, etc...). So all in all, good. But I would like to move faster.

The best news though is the issue that made me resort to surgery, seems to be 100% successful. Both my arms work fine and there is no parasthesia, pain, or loss of strength. I have lost a little over ten pounds. Normally that would make me happy. But in this case, while i've lost some fat, I also lost upper body muscle mass. I wasn't particularly overweight (6'-0"' 160) but I wasn't in as good of shape as previously due to the arm issue. I need to get back in the gym.

Raymond Fries
07-08-2014, 12:51 PM
I like the limiter...

Glad to hear you are healing up OK and on a path back to what you enjoy. Hang in there...

Jim Rimmer
07-08-2014, 1:06 PM
I'm not an audiophile but still found it funny. I like puns and visual puns are great.

Chris Padilla
07-08-2014, 1:18 PM
Moderation...in moderation!! Oh wait, that was modUlation...modulation...moduration...moderation. ........ ;)