PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know what's going on with Walt Q???

Harold Burrell
07-07-2014, 2:09 PM
I know he was battling stomach cancer, but he seemed to be doing better and then..."poof"...he just kind of disappeared. His Brass City Records site (http://www.brasscityrecords.com/toolworks/new%20tools.html) hasn't been updated in months.

Does anybody know how he's doing???

Zach Dillinger
07-07-2014, 2:12 PM
He's a regular over on Woodnet. Last post was June 4th...

don wilwol
07-07-2014, 5:49 PM
I stopped by his shop over the weekend. It was closed but there was a note on the door stating recovery was going well and he would have the shop open next weekend. I was sorry I missed him but glad to here he is doing better.

john davey
07-08-2014, 12:07 AM
thanks Don, glad to hear he is feeling well enough to open next week. I was lucky enough to stop by his shop a few years ago. real nice guy...

john davey
07-15-2015, 1:37 PM
Well, I did not see anything about Walt lately so I googled and sadly found his obituary. I did not find anything on this site but searching doesn't always work well for me. Here is a link in case you did not know: http://www.maioranofuneralhome.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=3111334&fh_id=10796

Garrett Ellis
07-15-2015, 2:04 PM
thanks for the update, how sad. i got my first couple handplanes from him among other tools along the way. what a loss.

Bruce Page
07-15-2015, 3:05 PM
Very sad to hear. RIP

Gary Herrmann
02-21-2016, 11:21 PM
I found myself thinking of Walt tonight, while looking for a particular file. I bought a lot of tools from Walt over the years. Planes, braces, bits, files, rules, chisels - you name it.

For those of you that didn't know, Walt was the guy behind Brass City Records. He was a class act to do business with.

He passed last May, and he will be missed. I hope his wife is holding up.

Jim Koepke
02-22-2016, 2:30 AM
I found myself thinking of Walt tonight, while looking for a particular file. I bought a lot of tools from Walt over the years. Planes, braces, bits, files, rules, chisels - you name it.

For those of you that didn't know, Walt was the guy behind Brass City Records. He was a class act to do business with.

He passed last May, and he will be missed. I hope his wife is holding up.

He also came to mind for me today when I was looking through an old thread on planes.

Odd that my only purchase from him was before my woodworking days in search of an odd hunk of vinyl.

jtk

Brian W Evans
07-24-2016, 8:13 AM
I finally got my hand-tool area set up in the basement and my first thought was to go visit Walt and do some shopping. I have bought several planes and odds and ends from him and always loved visiting his store. He was a neat guy to talk to and as straight a shooter as they come. I was sorry to - very belatedly - see his obituary. He will be missed.

RIP Walt.