PDA

View Full Version : New impact driver!

Jason White
07-05-2014, 10:49 PM
Bought my first-ever "Lithium Ion" tool today, a 12-volt impact driver made by DeWalt (model DCF815). Awesome tool! SO much better than my 10-year-old old Hitachi, which finally crapped out on me. Go buy one!!‪ (https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/gamechanger?source=feed_text&story_id=10202470793907897)

Rich Enders
07-06-2014, 12:57 AM
Jason,

Congratulations. The power and control in these small packages is refreshing.

The yang (or is it the yin?) of Lithium Ion batteries is that they contain a liquid electrolyte which is flammable. We all need to be cautious of where and how these batteries are stored after use.

Jason Roehl
07-06-2014, 7:08 AM
I finally broke down and got the 18V Bosch pair (impact and drill) earlier this year. I'm kicking myself for not making the upgrade much sooner. Of course, my impeccable timing skills means that I got the set before the price came down as the brushless models become more mainstream... So quick easy to drive screws now. My old 14.4V P+C drill would drive 3" construction screws just fine, but I would have to bear down to keep the tip engaged. Now it's effortless.

John TenEyck
07-06-2014, 10:00 AM
Almost a game changer aren't they? The little 12V ones fit into really small spaces, too, but pack an amazing amount of power. I have to be careful not to turn the heads off screws.

Your wrists will thank you after a long day of work, too.

John

Von Bickley
07-06-2014, 1:55 PM
People that have never used an impact driver don't know how great these tools are. I have 2 in the shop and never want to be without one.

Bill McNiel
07-06-2014, 2:34 PM
I bought the bosch 12v set a couple of months ago (first impact driver) and am really, really happy with them. Big improvement or the old DeWalt 18v.

Robert Parent
07-06-2014, 3:56 PM
I just bought the Bosch 12v set but have not had time to give it a try. The drill is nice so would expect the same for the driver.

Robert

Jesse Busenitz
07-06-2014, 6:15 PM
I just bought my first impact a couple months back after a friend had been telling me i was missing out... boy was he ever right... Oh and it was a M18 brushless which at least compared to a reg M18 drill has quite a bit better battery life. Oh and the smaller size is great as is the quick coupler.

ed vitanovec
07-06-2014, 10:06 PM
Congrats! I have this one and its light and packs a punch for a 12V, no problem driving in 3" deck screws.