PDA

View Full Version : DC trouble-shooting question

Kurt Voss
07-02-2005, 9:31 AM
I've just set up my Grizzly cyclone DC (G0441 - 3HP) and tried it out. What I'm noticing is that about 95% of the dust and chips (planer for example) are going into the bag suspended below the filter cartridge. My ductwork is 6" S&D pipe with 6" flex going to each machine - reducing to the inlet size right at the machine itself. I'm wondering if the air velocity is too high and the chips are not coming out of suspension to fall into the barrel. Maybe I need to have two or more blast gates open? Now I realize that without pics this is a purely theoretical discussion ;) I promise a shop tour once I get a finish on the outfeed table I'm making. Have a great 4th everyone!

Jim Becker
07-02-2005, 9:49 AM
You likely have an air leak at the bin. Your connection between the cone and the bin must be ABSOLUTELY sealed. Otherwise, you will get nearly total blow-by.

Kurt Voss
07-02-2005, 10:44 AM
You likely have an air leak at the bin. Your connection between the cone and the bin must be ABSOLUTELY sealed. Otherwise, you will get nearly total blow-by.

Ah, yes of course. Grizzly forgot to send the top portion of the 2-part barrel so I didn't install the latches onto the lower portion so as to avoid having to fill in unnecessary holes later, so the top of the bin is not clamped down. Well, once the other part comes in, I'll remedy that and let you know what happens. Thanks!

Kurt Voss
07-02-2005, 2:52 PM
I just got off the phone with David from Grizzly (he called me) in response to my request for the top part of the collection bin. Well, lo and behold, they had taken that part, turned it upside down and put it in the lower part of the barrel and secured the band clamp around it - effectively "hiding" it from dectection until he pointed it out. So, bottom line, it works great now, all the sawdust going into the bin instead of the bag. I'll post a separate thread to help notify other potential hapless Grizzly DC buyers.