PDA

View Full Version : Mini blinds Bali vs. Levolor?

Phil Thien
07-01-2014, 7:01 PM
Any opinions on low-cost 1" aluminum mini blinds? Is one (Bali/Levolor) better than the other?

I tried some Bali (Customizer) but I found the valence included was merely extra slats with no plastic inserts. My old blinds had these clear plastic holders that were as long as the head rail and each one held two slats by sliding them in, you inserted the slats and then attached that to the head-rail, which I think looked quite a bit better than just extra slats kind of floating up there.

I've tried researching this but it seems that there are really only one or two online places operating under gobs of DBA names, and I've read accusations that they delete negative reviews so it is very difficult to make comparisons and get honest feedback.

Bob Vavricka
07-01-2014, 7:43 PM
I used to sell both--in a former life. It has been awhile, but I don't think you will find much difference between the two. You might check the big box stores, when my son bought some a few years ago, you could order the size you needed--made to order and they were cheaper that other places online. They were Levolor and had a wooden valance that clipped on. I thought they were good for the price.