PDA

View Full Version : Today is Finally Here

Dick Parr
07-01-2005, 9:27 PM
Well the day has finally come, it's official.

I am Retired as of Today :D ;) :p :D :p

John Miliunas
07-01-2005, 9:40 PM
Well, hot dog!!! A big CONGRATS to you, Dick!:) Any big plans for all the extra free time you'll have now? Don't imagine you'll be spending any of it in the shop now, will you?!:D Have fun and enjoy!:) :cool:

Frank Pellow
07-01-2005, 9:45 PM
Congratulations Dick. I hope that you enjoy your returement as much as I am enjoying mine.

Tony Falotico
07-01-2005, 9:51 PM
The transition from doing what you HAVE TO do to doing what you WANT TO DO !! :) :D :) :D

Congratulations Dick ..... Enjoy !

(About 8 more years and I'll join you !!)

Ron Jones near Indy
07-01-2005, 9:57 PM
Way to go Dick. It's at least 4 years before I can consider retirement. Looks better all of the time. I'll bet you will have less free time now than when you were working. ;)

Earl Reid
07-01-2005, 9:59 PM
Welcome to the next chapter in your life, make the most of it. Hope it goes as well as mine has. :)
Earl

Jackie Outten
07-01-2005, 10:00 PM
Congratulations Dick. Happy retirement!!!

Don Henthorn Smithville, TX
07-01-2005, 10:26 PM
Now you are going to find out what being busy really means. You will wonder how you ever had time for a job, Congtatulations. Take time to smell the roses and enjoy the family. These really are the golden years but they go by, oh, so swiftly. I have been retired twenty years and I just don;t know where the time went. But I spend more and more time caressing my wife and appreciating all she has done for me.

Ken Fitzgerald
07-01-2005, 10:33 PM
Congrats Dick! Did I mention that I'm GREEN with ENVY?

Jerry Clark
07-01-2005, 11:06 PM
Congrads Dick,

You will find that retirement is the best job you ever had! :) :cool: :rolleyes:

Lee DeRaud
07-01-2005, 11:41 PM
Well the day has finally come, it's official.

I am Retired as of Today :D ;) :p :D :pCool!! I'm struggling through the last four weeks until mine, and I gotta tell ya, the old work ethic is taking a beating.:p

Ernie Nyvall
07-01-2005, 11:43 PM
Congratulations Dick!!! Got any plans?

Ernie

John Miliunas
07-02-2005, 9:24 AM
Egads, between the retired and soon-to-be retired responses on this one, I'm going to have to contact the moderator and request this thread be shut down! I'm finding all of this very offensive and don't appreciate being "reminded" that I'll probably have to work 'till I croak!:mad: Naw, seriously, I do envy you guys but wish you nothing but the best!:) :cool:

Tyler Howell
07-02-2005, 9:25 AM
Go Dick.

Congrats!

Tim Morton
07-02-2005, 9:28 AM
Egads, between the retired and soon-to-be retired responses on this one, I'm going to have to contact the moderator and request this thread be shut down! I'm finding all of this very offensive and don't appreciate being "reminded" that I'll probably have to work 'till I croak!:mad: Naw, seriously, I do envy you guys but wish you nothing but the best!:) :cool:

I was thinking the same thing John....I was "retired" for the 7 weeks recently, and it was pretty sweet let me tell ya...

Dennis Peacock
07-02-2005, 10:18 AM
Well Dick, You get secial treatment from me today.

Congrats to you from Alabama!!!!! :D :D

Jim Becker
07-02-2005, 10:20 AM
Hot dang!! It's truly a wonderful day in the Parr house!! Congratulations.

Norman Hitt
07-02-2005, 4:16 PM
Congratulations Dick, just be sure to spend plenty of shop time to keep you from underfoot of SWMBO, as your continued presence is probably going to interrupt her normal routine a bit, and you certainly don't want to end up like one Wife of a Retiree put it.

When asked by a friend, Well, Martha, how are you enjoying Joe's retirement now that he's been retired for 6 months? Martha's reply was quick and to the point, Not very much, Twice as much husband, and half as much money! :( :D

Dick Parr
07-02-2005, 4:46 PM
Thanks everyone for the nice and some almost nice :p comments. :rolleyes:

It is earlier then I planned on 3 years ago but with what the last 2-1/2 years have been like I am glad to Get R Done :D

Mickey and I plan on doing some RV'ing and visiting the kids and grand kids more often now and when my body lets me I will play in the shop for a few hours here and there. ;)

Thanks again :)

Jerry Olexa
07-02-2005, 5:19 PM
A little late but.....CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Enjoy this next phase of your life. You've worked hard to get there. I'm happy for you...

Chris Padilla
07-02-2005, 11:32 PM
Wow...I can't even fathom such a thing...I still have 25 years in front of me! :(

Well, whatever it is, if it is doing want you want as opposed to doing what you have to, then it much be awesome!!!

John Hart
07-03-2005, 7:41 AM
Congratulations Dick! Enjoy the rest of your life!!:)

Jim DeLaney
07-03-2005, 8:01 AM
Dick,
Congratulations!

My wife and I 'took the plunge' Last August. Retired, sold our California house, and moved here to Ohio. We haven't regretted it one bit!

Stay active - go places & do things. You're really gonna enjoy this "new half" of your life. It sure beats Working!