PDA

View Full Version : Bar Clamp Storage - Wall Mounted Multi-Unit

Thomas Canfield
06-29-2014, 10:41 PM
Moving to a smaller shop a couple of years back, I had to downsize and make better use of wall and floor space. I made this bar clamp rack out of scraps before moving to handle my bar clamps that don't get a lot of use, but I definitely did not want to do without. Metal support angles are used in each of 3 units. The larger clamps are in the wall mounted unit and then smaller units are hinged to open and expose all the clamps. The overall depth is then 10-1/2" since 1x4 material was used for the frames. If I did it again, the vertical stiffeners would be bigger to provide more rigidity but there is little sag and I plan to add a support away from the hinge side sometime.

T292184292185292186292183

The slotted stabilizer for the bars is also used to hold the quick release clamps. Draw-pull closures are used to keep the units closed and provide some support. I do not remember finding a plan, but laid my clamp on a board to determine the clearance for the clamps above the metal support, depth to cut the slots for the bars, and where to place stiffeners for clearance.

Pictures need to be rotated 90D clockwise, but I do not know how to do it. They imported in this format.