PDA

View Full Version : Trying to Engrave a Photo and File Stops Running

Bill George
06-29-2014, 7:17 PM
I can Engrave (raster) JPG's no problem and no problem Vector cutting. But I've done a photo, convert to BW 1 bit Dithered and saved as BMG and Imported into LaserCutEngrave 3.3.

Pete James
06-30-2014, 8:52 AM
We usually save photo conversion files as 1 bit dithered in a png file format and they have always run without problems.

Bill George
06-30-2014, 12:24 PM
Anyone else with a Storm 500 GWeike machine?

Under tools: There is a Function called Image Dot, when clicked the action box says at the top Half BMP, and the settings below are Dot Size which came defaulted at 3 and ScanGap which controls the quality of the Engraved image and I found the chart for that ok.
Question? What is Image Dot and when does this setting come into the picture. I set at 1 instead of 3 but not sure when this takes effect as the file still won't run. Its Got to be a setting or bug in the software.

Bill George
07-01-2014, 6:15 PM
Turned out to be a table limits vs software limit issue. Solved by placing in the middle of the table, turned off Immediate check box and jogged the head over to the material. Poor choice of material but it was all I had in the shop, varnished cedar too much grain and my first photo engrave. Solved on my own, trial and error.